|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Digitalis Purpurea Mix
Foxglove is a biennial plant with soft, hairy, toothed, ovate and lance-shaped leaves in a basal rosette. The life span of the plant is 2 seasons. The first year growth remains in a basal rosette of leaves. Second-year growth produces flowering stems, 3 -6 feet in height. Flower spikes have purple to white spotted thimble-like flowers which hang down and last about six days.
Planting and care
- It can be grown from direct seeding or by raising in a nursery in February and then transplanting them to the main field.
- The land should be thoroughly ploughed, leveled and weeded for direct seeding.
- The seeds may be broadcast or sown in lines.
- Do not sow seeds very deep in the soil.
- Water the plant regularly until they fully establish.
Caring for Digitalis Purpurea Mix
- Water the foxglove plants regularly until they are fully established.
- Feed every spring with any organic fertilizer.
- Mulch around plants in spring with a 5-7.5cm thick layer of organic matter, such as compost, composted bark or well-rotted manure.
- After the first flowers have finished cut back the faded flower stems to ground level and give them a good feed with a liquid plant food this may encourage a second flush of flowers.
- After flowering, cut back the faded flower stems to ground level, unless you want to collect seed for future sowing or want the plants to self-seed. In which case, cut down the stems after the seed has been collected.
Typical uses of Digitalis Purpurea Mix
Ornamental use: Foxglove is the perfect choice for beds and borders.
Medicinal use: Foxglove contains chemicals from which the prescription medication digoxin (Lanoxin) is made. These chemicals can increase the strength of heart muscle contractions, change heart rate, and increase heart blood output.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments