|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Phlox are quintessential garden classics relied on for generations to provide bushy clumps of fragrant colour in a wide range of mix and match shades. These flowers are also excellent for easy bouquets; just snip a half dozen big flower heads, drop them in a medium to large vase of water, add a few fern or hosta leaves for greenery and you’re done.
Learning how to plant and care for creeping phlox is quite simple. The plant has an easy going nature and thrives in a variety of conditions.
Common name: Twinkle Star, Annual phlox
Color: Flowers appear in clusters in various bright and pastel shades.
Bloom time: July-August
Height: Height: 15 cm Spread: 30 cm
Difficulty level: Easy
Planting & Care
Grow the flowers in full sun, in fertile, moist yet well-drained soil. Don t transplant phlox if you can help it – it doesn t do well when moved around. Instead, plant the seeds or cuttings directly into the soil and they should germinate within 10-15 days.
Make sure to deadhead the flowers to encourage profuse blooming. For phlox drummondii, a gardening tip would be that sandy soil will encourage better growth.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: Almost any soil is suitable for growing creeping phlox as long as it is in full sun to partial shade. Try to keep the pH of your soil between the range of 6.1 and 7.8 as Twinkle Star likes to be in weakly acidic soil - weakly alkaline soil.
Water: Water moderately. Even established plants should have supplemental watering in hot summer periods and plants along rockeries may show signs of scorching due to the hot surroundings.
Fertilizer: Add a general purpose fertilizer when planting them, then once a month after that.
- Sow in trays and cover seeds; they germinate at low temperatures (13°C is optimum).
- Space seedlings 200 mm apart.
- Sometimes, phlox can experience fungal problems, but good soil drainage will prevent this.
- Don t let water stand on the leaves and make sure to water in the morning.
- Phlox makes a perfect addition to a rock garden, rock wall, border, container garden or even just in a flowerbed.
- Plant it with marigold, heliotrope or calendula to make an amazing contrasting garden.
- Salvia will also grow companionably beside phlox, and the phlox s branches will prevent salvia from being too invasive.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
This plant loks soo cute.
Hom much height it can grow ?
I want this plant.
Will you delier this to Delhi.
Can this flower plant grown in pots?