Rama Tulsi is part of the Holy Basil or Tulsi Species of basil. The scientific name of Rama Tulsi is Ocimum sanctum. Considered a pillar of holistic herbal medicine it is revered in India for its holistic medicinal value.
The plant has pure green leaves and better tolerance to winters, sunlight, plant requires more watering and fertilization than the other varieties. It is purple stemmed bearing highly aromatic purple flowe ¹ Tulsi Basil is used for purifying spaces as incense or in smudge sticks.
Rama basil is considered the highest in medicinal compounds of the Tulsi basils. Bearing Scents of peppermint, cloves, licorice, and lemon.
||1.50 to 2.00 feet
||Throughout Year.Preferably early summer and late spring.
||Easy to grow
Rama Tulsi care
- In ideal conditions, tulsi requires at least 6 hours of sunlight per day. It can survive part sunlight conditions, with as little as 4 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Most balanced potting mixes are appropriate for growing indoo ¹ Well-drained soil is rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the upper layer of the soil is dry to touch. Do not overwater your plant.
- Tulsi can be grown as an annual outdoors or as a perennial houseplant with 15 to 40 degrees celsius.
- Every leaf has a growth bud, so removing old flower blossoms encourages the plant to make more flowers instead of using the energy to make seeds
- Clean away from around the base of the rosebushes any trimmed debris that can harbor disease and insects
||36-40 degrees C
||Apply any organic fertilizer
Rama Tulsi special feature
This variety has light green leaves and purple flowers and smells strongly of cloves. The flavor of this variety is mellower than others, but even though it has stronger smelling leaves. The mild flavor makes it versatile as an after-meal tea, and it,s used to promote healthy digestion. Rama tulsi is also known as green leaf tulsi.
Rama Tulsi uses:
- It can be used the increase the aesthetic view of the house by keeping it on your balcony, terrace, or in your porch.
- The Queen of herbs is one of the most worshiped aromatic herbs that is found at almost every house in India.
- It is also used as an insect repellent due to its high aroma or fragrance.
It is adaptogenic, antifungal, antibacterial, and immune-enhancing. Rama Tulsi is known for the cooling and mellow flavor of its leaves. Traditionally used as an herbal tea, fresh or dried and ground to powder.
- It is considered that consuming five leaves of tulsi on daily basis protects one from different types of diseases along with enhancement in memory power and intelligence
- Consuming tulsi leave`s juice with water on an empty stomach in the morning increases memory power and glow along with an enhanced digestive power
- Tulsi tea is beneficial in several ways