If you are already thinking about what you want to grow in your garden this season, start out right now with organic seeds. Enjoy your Kitchen Gardening with chemical-free capsicum Organic Vegetable Seeds.
1 packet contains 30 capsicum seeds.
Capsicums are one of the most popular vegetables grown in home gardens belongs to family Solanaceae. Its species are native to America, where they have been cultivated for thousands of years. Peppers are cultivated worldwide and used in many cuisines.
||Chilies, Peppers, Capsicums, Bell peppers, Shimla Mirch.
||up to 91 centimetre.
||1 to 1.5 months after sowing.
Planting and care
- Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening
- SunlightKeep the seedlings container in Natural bright light
- Protect the capsicum seedlings from direct harsh sunlight
- SoilThe soil should be well drained and nutrient rich for Capsicum seedlings
- WateringWater the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture
- Do not overwater the seedlings
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season
- Application of FertilizerDuring the main growing season feed the Capsicum seedlings with organic fertilizer once a month
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the seedlings so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily
- Plant ProtectionRemove dead, infected or damaged seedlings from container
- DontsDo not overwater the seedlings especially when container does not have drainage holes
Capsicum California Wonder care
- How to Sow Capsicum SeedsSowing in Northern India: Spring season
- Start seeds indoors during winter season before transplanting them outside during the coming spring season
- Sowing in Southern India: Winter season
- Preferably start seeds indoors for better germination rate
- Select a container having 5-7 inch diameter
- Fill the container with well-drained soil
- Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray
- Sprinkle the seeds evenly over the soil and spread a thin layer of soil over it
- or Make a hole of 1 inch deep and put 2-3 seeds in each hole and cover the hole with fine layer of the soil
- Cover the seed container with a transparent plastic paper
- Place the seed tray in indirect bright light
- Remove plastic wrapping once seeds start to germinate
- Tansplant the seedlings after 21 days in 5-7 inches pot or directly in the ground at 30 cm spacing
- Do not over-water the seedlings to avoid root rot
- Germination rate and viability of Capsicum seed Capsicum seed Germination rate and viability is up to 70%
- Capsicum growth rate is medium
||Capsicum enjoys Natural bright light but appreciates a little shade during the hottest part of the day.
Water the seedlings when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
||Nutrient-rich well-draining soil with Optimum PH range 6.0 to 6.8.
||20 to 25-degree celsius.
||Apply any organic fertilizer.
Capsicum require from 70 to more than 90 warm days to reach harvest.
The bell peppers are usually harvested and sold when they are of suitable market size and are still green.
Capsicum California Wonder uses
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Capsicum is most commonly used for rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and other painful conditions
- It is also used for digestion problems, conditions of the heart and blood vessels
- Capsicum can be used raw in salads marinated and tossed into pasta, cooked and sieved and transformed into pepper sauce
- They are frequently used both chopped and raw in salads or cooked in stir-fries or other mixed dishes