Composting is a simple way to add nutrient-rich humus which fuels plant growth and restores vitality to depleted soil. It is also free, easy to make, and good for the environment.
nurserylive s Home compost kit is an aerobic compost kit that converts your kitchen waste into compost. This kit is sufficient to handle waste generated by a family of 2-3 membe
This easy to use compost kit allows you to turn your organic kitchen waste into fertilizer with sting-free process.
The 15 ltr compost bins can be placed at any corner of your home, decomposing about 250-300 g organic kitchen waste daily.
What Makes it Special?
- Best quality & easy to use
- Sting free composting process
- Perfect for a family of 2-3 members to manage waste.
- Ready to use compost in 4-6 weeks*
What do you get with this kit?
1. IVEM (For Sting-Free Compost and Nourishment of Plant) - 500 ml: 1 Unit
2. Compost Culture (Compost Starter Microbes) - 1 kg: 1 Unit
3. Bulking Agent for Home Compost Kit - 5 kg: 1 Unit
4. Curing Bag: 2 Units
5. Compost Bin (15 ltr): 2 Units
6. Hand Gloves for Home Compost Kit (1 Pair): 1 Unit
7. 3 Prong Hand Cultivator No. MMI 84 - Gardening Tool: 1 Unit
8. Spray Bottle (Hand Trigger, 1 Ltr) - Gardening Tool: 1 Unit
9. Instruction Manual: 1 Unit
Procedure to make organic compost from household waste with the help of Home Compost Kit
Step 1: Put a newspaper in the bottom of the compost bin. Apply a layer of coconut fiber if available.
Step 2: Add around a 2-inch thick layer of dried leaves if available. Else proceed with the next step/layer directly.
Step 3: Apply a 3 to 5-inch layer of Bulking Agent.
Step 4: Spread household wet waste over bulking agent and gently mix with the help of a rake.
Step 5: Daily spray approximately 3 to 5 ml of IVEM liquid over the waste layer.
Step 6: Add one teaspoon compost culture on household waste every 3 days and mix well with the help of a rake.
Step 7: Same way keep adding the daily waste in the compost bin.
Step 8: Once the compost bin is full, transfer the entire content to the curing bag. Pack the bag, keep it aside and set up a new set.
- If there is excess water or moisture in the compost bin then mix the handful or required amount of bulking agent to bring it to the required consistency. Also, add 2 ml IVEM liquid and 1 teaspoon compost culture.
- The household waste can include vegetable and fruit peel, shreds, and food waste.
- Filter liquid waste from solid waste. Only solid waste should be mixed for compost.
- You can put the meat bones, eggshell, but remember bones and eggshell does not turn into compost. They should be mixed by crushing into a fine powder.
- Do not put iron, rubber in the compost bin.
- If you see ants in the compost bin then add 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
*The decomposing time depends on the type of organic waste and its initial C: N ratio.