** for new paypal users only
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Thimble Cactus
Mammillaria propagation is similar to that of almost any other plant. Usually seedling takes a quite long time to form plants, so many people consider pruning a great way of plant division. How to prune mammillaria? There are little offsets, clustering around the plant. They can be easily pulled away and placed in a dry and warm location to form calluses. As this is an indoor plant, it is essential to know how to grow it in pots. Cacti like being in little pots and require repotting every 3-5 years.
In cultivation the temperature must be kept between 20 and 30 degree Celsius. It is allowed to fall to 15 degree at night, when it is summer time, and to 18 degree during winter months. One of the optimal ways of keeping the plant during the summer is growing it outside starting from May and through September. Simply place it in a sunny spot, as there it can get strong sunlight. Make sure it avoids the strongest midday sun. Starting from September and up to May cacti must be moved to cool west or east windowsills.
Planting and care
Mammillaria propagation is similar to that of almost any other plant. Usually seedling takes a quite long time to form plants, so many people consider pruning a great way of plant division.
Caring for Thimble Cactus
- During winter months you should better keep the plant almost completely dry. Water it only to prevent the drying of roots (normally, once per month is enough).
- Starting from March, the growing process is going to start. This is when watering must be increased until late May, as the plant is in its full growth.
- Safely water the cactus once per week during summer months. Add as much water as the pot of the plant is allowed to drain.
- When the temperature is extremely high, you must water the plant once per day.
- Starting from late September the watering process must be reduced in order to force the plant going in to a condition of semi dormancy.
- Before November comes, you are to get back to the winter-type watering regime.
- A rich and fast-draining soil mix is another tip for proper care for mammillaria.
They can be easily pulled away and placed in a dry and warm location to form calluses. As this is an indoor plant, it is essential to know how to grow it in pots. Cacti like being in little pots and require repotting every 3 to 5 years.
Typical uses of Thimble Cactus
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environments
Thank you Nurserylive for such nice live plants collection
It is easiest to grow houseplant.
A happy customer ?? But like could the rate be a bit reasonably else all good ... thanks
Wow nice plants in good condition delivered..?
Any query about thimble cactus, mammillaria vetula - cactus plant