1+1 Tomato ped - Desi Seeds
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Tomato easily cultivate in pot.
1 packet contains approximately 35 seeds.
( 4166 times booked in last 90 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
Description for Tomato ped
- The most popular garden vegetable crop, tomatoes come in a wide range of sizes, shapes and colors.
- Choose determinate varieties for early harvest or cool conditions.
- Compact varieties are also good choices for containers and planting in flower beds.
- Tomatoes are an incredibly versatile food. They are often considered as a vegetable, though ideally they are a citrus fruit.
- They are a rich source of Vitamin C and help in increasing your immunity.
- Not just this, tomatoes also provide several other vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, all of which are necessary for good health.
- The best part is that they can be eaten either raw, in salads, sandwiches or in vegetables.
Common name(s): Tomato, Botanical name: Solanum lycopersicum
Flower colours: Yellow
Bloom time: Year round
Max reacahble height: determinate 3 to 4 ft, indeterminate 7 to 15
Difficulty to grow:: Easy to grow
Planting and care
The tomato is a vigorously growing plant with attractive foliage resembling the potato, its cousin.
The plants have a decided odour caused by gland hairs on the stems and leaves, which give off a strong-scented oil and stain when broken.
The fruit is borne on spurs, which develop directly from the stem.
Tomatoes should not be planted outdoors until day and night temperatures are about 55 degrees. Low temperatures (below 55 degrees) prevent fruit set. Soil temperatures should be at least 55-60 F to transplant. Otherwise plants may turn yellow, become stunted and slow to bear. Seed should be started indoors 6-8 weeks before plants are set out, or use transplants, which are widely available.
Sunlight: Full sun, Partial sun
Soil: Choose well drained, deep and loamy soil.
Plan on providing fertile, organically enriched soil with a pH between 6.2 and 6.8 for best flavour.
Blossom-end rot is due to calcium deficiency. Lime the tomato soil at the rate of 5 pounds per 100 square feet.
Water: Tomato plants need at least an inch of water per week; so water them well, especially during dry spells.
Temperature: Germination 60 to 85 F For Growth 70 to 75 F
Fertilizer: Fertilizer formulas such as 5-10-10 are good. Bone meal or ground rock phosphate are also good.
Caring for Tomato ped
- Water generously for the first few days.
- Water well throughout growing season, about 2 inches per week during the summer. Keep watering consistent!
- Mulch five weeks after transplanting to retain moisture.
- To help tomatoes through periods of drought, find some flat rocks and place one next to each plant. The rocks pull up water from under the ground and keep it from evaporating into the atmosphere.
- Fertilize two weeks prior to first picking and again two weeks after first picking.
- If using stakes, prune plants by pinching off suckers so that only a couple stems are growing per stake.
- Practice crop rotation from year to year to prevent diseases that may have over wintered.
Throughout the year
Typical uses of Tomato ped
Special features: The tomato plant is now grown commercially throughout the world.
- Many standard cultivars are adapted for a variety of uses, including slicing, canning, and salads.
- The large, meaty fruits of beefsteak tomatoes are especially popular for slicing.
- Italian or paste tomatoes are favourites for cooking, canning, and juicing.
- Sweet bite-size tomatoes in a range of colours are very popular for salads or as snacks.
Ornamental use: NA
Tomatoes confer protection against high cholesterol, strokes, and heart disease.
Tomatoes basically have an anti-ageing affect on our body as they contain antioxidant lycopene which is easily absorbed by our body thereby leaving you with a healthy skin and hair.
Since tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and Vitamin A, these vitamins help in preventing DNA damage from free radicals.
The vitamin K and calcium present in tomatoes help in building strong bones.
Due to the presence of Lycopene, they are a natural source of fighting against several cancers, including prostate, cervical, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer.
Tomatoes help in keeping blood sugar in balance.
Consuming tomatoes can improve your vision.
Ease a headache by drinking tomato juice blended with fresh basil.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Any query about 1+1 tomato ped - desi seeds
You may browse related categories
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved