The plant is potted in 4 inch plastic Pot
Description for Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl
As a young plant, its leaves start out heart-shaped, then gradually become arrowhead shaped as it matures. Its leaves have silvery white or cream variation, making this a decorative and popular houseplant. Although it may be grown outdoors in some regions, the arrowhead plant is typically grown as a house plant.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Silver pearl, Nephthytis, Arrowhead plant, Arrowhead vine, Arrowhead philodendron, Goosefoot||Greenish white||Rarely flowers indoors||3 to 6 ft||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
It is easily grown is a house plant in warm, humidified areas. Prefers bright indirect light. Protect from direct sun. May be grown on a moss pole or in a hanging basket. Best grown in a soil-based potting mix.
Water regularly during the growing season, but reduce watering from fall to late winter. Likes high humidity, so consider sitting plant in a humidified room or place pot on a tray of wet pebbles.
|Bright, filtered light or Part shade.||Any good potting mix. Use a container with good drainage.||Keep the potting mix moist in summer, allowing the surface to dry out before watering again. Water lesser often in winter, letting the top half of the potting mix dry out.||Normal room temperatures. 16 to 28 degrees C||Feed every 2 weeks from spring through fall with a balanced houseplant fertilizer diluted to half the normal strength. In winter, feed monthly.|
Caring for Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl
- Arrowhead plant care requires humid conditions, especially during dry winter months.
- Mist the plant daily or place its container on a tray filled with pebbles and water to increase humidity for optimal growth.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight, as this will cause the arrowhead plant to burn or bleach.
- The arrowhead plant root structure is quite extensive, spreading and growing to the point of becoming invasive in the wild.
- Even within a contained environment, because of arrowhead plant root structure, the plant should be reported every second spring.
Typical uses of Syngonium Podophyllum Silver Pearl
Special features: As a houseplant, it is typically grown for its attractive ornamental foliage which changes shape as the leaves mature.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Hanging plant, twining or climbing, groundcover, potted plant when young. Display arrowhead plant alongside a group of other foliage plants or add it to a dish garden. Small plants mix well with compact peace lilies and English ivy because they require similar care.
Medicinal use: NA
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/PlantFinder /PlantFinderDetails.aspx?kempercode=b621
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Plants are a great way to bring a little natural beauty indoors.Priyanka Majumder Das
Rare new variety?Santhosh Santy
Is it a live plant?P Rudra Mini Raju
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environmentsSyed Farhan Rahman
Really very good product i have purchase one plant pack .Good India
Any query about syngonium podophyllum silver pearl - plant