The plant is potted in 6 inch plastic Pot
Description for Philodendron Xanadu (Golden)
Philodendron house plants thrive indoors year round without complaint, but they enjoy an occasional stay outdoors in a shady spot when the weather permits. Taking the plant outdoors also gives you a chance to flush the soil with plenty of fresh water and clean the leaves.
It has deeply dissected, lobed golden leaves up to 40 cm long by 30 cm wide glossy leaves. Its flowers have dark red spathes. It may occasionally produce aerial roots.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Philodendron (Golden), Xanadu Philodendron, Lacy tree Philodendron, Split-leaf Philodendron||Green with red spathe||It takes few years for a Philodendron to flower and it rarely flowers indoors.||8 to 10 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Philodendron is a tropical plant that is usually grown in full sun but can tolerate and adapt to deep shade.
It grows best in rich, moisture-retentive soil that can be slightly alkaline. However, it cannot tolerate high salt concentration in soil.
It is capable of supporting itself at massive heights by producing tree-like bases. However, it will exhibit epiphytic characteristics if given the opportunity to attach itself to a nearby supporting tree and climb upon it.
Alternatively, if grown in cooler climates with at least some freezing winter weather, its entire aboveground structures will die back completely at a hard frost and then sprout back from the roots the following spring.
|They will tolerate low light, but if there is too little light, the new leaves will develop smaller, and farther apart on the stem. On the other hand, direct sunlight will burn the foliage, and stunt the growth of the plant.||A well-drained soil with a bit of sand mixed in it. Add gravel at the bottom of the pot for good draining.||Water regularly but give the plant time to dry out between succesive watering.||25degrees C - 35 degrees C||Feed philodendron houseplants with a balanced liquid foliage houseplant fertilizer that contains macro-nutrients. Water the plant with the fertilizer monthly in spring and summer and every six to eight weeks in fall and winter.|
Caring for Philodendron Xanadu
- Set the plant in a location with bright, indirect sunlight.
- Find a position near a window where the suns rays never actually touch the foliage.
- While its normal for older leaves to yellow, if this happens to several leaves at the same time, the plant may be getting too much light.
- When growing philodendron plants, allow the top inch of soil to dry out between waterings.
- The length of your index finger to the first knuckle is about an inch, so inserting your finger into the soil is a good way to check the moisture level.
- Feed philodendron houseplants with a balanced liquid foliage houseplant fertilizer that contains macro-nutrients.
- Water the plant with the fertilizer monthly in spring and summer and every six to eight weeks in fall and winter.
- Slow growth and small leaf size is the plant's way of telling you that it is not getting enough fertilizer.
- Pale new leaves usually indicate that the plant is not getting enough calcium and magnesium, which are essential micro-nutrients for philodendrons.
Typical uses of Philodendron Xanadu
Special features: For a tropical foliage splash, tree philodendron is a winner. It is most effective standing alone or in combination with other lush-leafed plants such as gingers and bananas. Since it prefers some shade, tree philodendron is superb for a courtyard or against a wall in a pool yard.
Culinary use: MA
Ornamental use: Philodendrons also make excellent house plants, provided that you have enough space to accommodate their size.
These plants also work well in containers by the pool, on a patio or balcony, or even indoors.
Landscape uses for philodendron selloum include: large entryway accent, backdrop for smaller plants, between tall palms, informal hedge, lining a driveway or walk, beside a porch, deck or patio, along a fence, corner-of-the-house shrub, decoration for a blank wall, container plant.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Great plant..looked nice.Santosh Choudhary
Is it suitable for office premises with no fresh air spaceramanpreet kaur
I had ordered this plant...I m very much satisfied with Nurserylive.... :)Santosh Singh
It is easiest to grow houseplant.Gaurav Narwania
Grown in coco-peat and hence requires less water while being relatively insect free.Sriram Sena
Any query about philodendron xanadu (golden) - plant