The plant is potted in 4 inch plastic Pot
Description for Cryptanthus (Elaine) Earth Star, Starfish
They are ideal for indoor growth but can also grow well outdoors in many moderate climates. Cryptanthus has a more developed root system than the other bromeliads. Cryptanthus the only flower once during their lifetime. Almost all Cryptanthus have small, delicate white flowers near their leaves.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Earth Stars, Starfish plant||White||Summer||Up to 1 foot||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Earth Stars will thrive when potted in a medium that maintains some moisture. Sometime a healthy plant may produce pups, exact clones of the mother plant, that can be removed and then potted in their own growing medium. If kept in a pot, the pot should be wider than deeper as the roots like to grow.
|Partial shade, Indirect sunlight||Well-drained soil||Medium||60 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit||Use any balanced organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Cryptanthus
- Keep the plant moist and in humid conditions.
- Mulch, when the weather becomes colder, can protect the roots during the winter.
- It can survive above 37 degrees C as long as it is kept moist by humidifiers, manually misting water.
- Avoid hot and harsh direct sunlight.
- If your plant seems stressed and bleached or sunburned marks appear then move your bromeliad to a spot with less direct sunlight.
- Look for mealybugs and scale, can usually be controlled through manual removal or swabbing with rubbing alcohol.
Typical uses of Cryptanthus
Special features: The plant has an interesting color of foliage with bands.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is highly preferred for the gardens as the foliage is beautiful.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
What are other names of this plant?Amaira Angle
How often should i water it and does it come with soil or should i get my own soil?SAGAR SHINDE
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipientSriram Sena
Got all healthy plants..thanksAnkur Chauhan
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.Rohit Chaturvedi
Any query about cryptanthus (elaine) earth star, starfish - plant