The plant is potted in 4 inch plastic Pot
Description for Senecio Serpens
It is indigenous to southern Africa. It needs little water, and is thus one of the many plants suggested for cultivation.
Senecio serpens is a small, evergreen, succulent perennial, branching from the base and rooting along the stems, up to 8 inches (20 cm) tall and up to 40 inches (1 m) wide. The prostrate stems hold short, sub-cylindrical, powdery blue-grey to blue-green finger-like fleshy leaves. The small flowers are white in color.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Blue Chalksticks||White||Early July||Up to 1 foot||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||Well-drained soil||Medium||70 degrees F||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Senecio Serpens
- Established plants are extremely drought tolerant. They do need some water, during the summer, but do not leave the soil wet for prolonged periods.
- Allow the soil to dry out between waterings in the winter, when they are somewhat dormant.
- Since they are growing in sandy soil, nutrients will need to be replenished.
- Fertilize annually, but lightly. Too much fertilizer will cause a lot of leggy growth.
- Taller varieties can get floppy.
- You can prune them back to where the stem is firm, in very early spring.
- You can even root the cuttings. Plants can be divided or repotted in early spring.
- If you are growing them in containers, they enjoy spending the summer outdoors.
Typical uses of Senecio Serpens
Special features: Senecio serpens is a small succulent that hugs the ground, branching from the base and rooting along the stems. This ground cover is one of the most valuable landscaping succulents. Forming a dense rippling mat of compact silver-blue leaves.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose. The plant is used as a ground cover in arid areas. But mostly it is grown as a potted plant subject. It's chalk-blue foliage is attractive.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Fresh and beautiful, Must buy!Iris Clifton
This is easy to grow with low maintenance requirementsJoshi Prisy
Nice plant without any damages????Parvati Gujju
Good packaging and good plants& Nice deals...Krushna Rathi
I really like ur live plants and wish to order more in futureShishir Mathur
Any query about senecio serpens - plant