With this purchase you will get:
Description for Fish Tail Fern
Fishtail palm is a fast-growing feather palm that makes a beautiful addition to the landscape. It has a gray trunk (grows to about 30 ) that is covered by regularly spaced leaf scar rings. Toddy palm has a leaf shape that resembles the lower fin of a fish.
This large fern variety has fronds up to 3 feet long that are less petulant and lighter green color than the parent species. Its pinnae (leaflets) tips are once or twice forked like a fishâ€™s tail giving an unusual appearance.
Planting and care
Propagation of fishtail is through the division of root balls. The rhizomes are divided during replanting or repotting when you feel that the fronds are overcrowded. Best time for these divisions is during the rainy season.
Caring for Fish Tail Fern
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Fish Tail Fern
Special features: Leaf shape that resembles the lower fin of a fish
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
Good quality they all grow nicely?
"I can t wait to bulk purchase again.
I like very much this product.also i received a free gift on my order,i suggest everyone to buy N.L.
This plant is one of the easiest to grow and requires no extra attention.
Any query about fish tail fern - plant