Ficus Elastica Decora Rubra, Ficus black prince, Rubber Plant (Burgundy) - Plant
Description for Ficus Elastica Decora Rubra, Ficus black prince, Rubber Plant (Burgundy)
The rubber plant is a popular ornamental plant from the Ficus genus. In its natural habitat it grows over 30 meters tall, however, the varieties grown indoors are a much more manageable height.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Rubber Plant Blace Prince, Indian Rubber Plant,Ficus elastica decora rubra, Ficus black prince||NA||Rarely flowers indoor||1.5 to 3 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Bright light required. Plants can take direct sunlight too. But do not place plants from low light to direct sunlight - they will get scorched. Move them gradually.
|Partial sun, Requires shade||Loamy well-drained soil||Medium||20 to 40 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Ficus Elastica Decora Rubra
- Planted in warm areas of the world for fruit, shade, and ornamentals.
- Once the rubber plant has grown to the height you want it to grow up to, you can cut the top off.
- Water thoroughly but do not over water.
- Apply balance NPK fertilizer and FYM thrice a year.
- Remove infected plant parts.
- Try to keep in bright sunlight, give direct sunlight at least twice a month.
Typical uses of Ficus Elastica Decora Rubra
Special features: The rubber plant is all about having a small tree indoors with broad shiny attractive leaves.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Used for decorations in homes, shops and offices. Good to keep inside homes and terraces.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Very nice plant ...n very neatly packed
Amazed to see this plant.
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot