Aralia Golden - Plant
Description for Aralia Golden
In temperate climates, Ming Aralia is a very popular and relatively easy-to-grow houseplant. Indoor container plants may be grown in a variety of soils as long as the drainage is good. Plants generally thrive in peaty, sandy, soil-based potting mixes that have excellent drainage.
Polyscias fruticosa, commonly called Ming aralia, is an evergreen shrub. Finely-segmented, 1-3 pinnate compound leaves have narrow-ovate to lanceolate leaflets with spiny-toothed margins. Pale yellow to white flowers in free-branching inflorescences bloom in summer. Fruit is a drupe.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Aralia Golden, Ming aralias||Pale yellow to white||Winter||2 to 3 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Aralia plants can propagate by stem cuttings or if the stems are thick enough, air layering during the rainy season. Propagating aralia plants is more successful when temperatures are above 21 degrees C.
|Full to partial sunlight||Peat-based, well-aerated, light soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Fertilize every two weeks with liquid house plant fertilizer in spring and summer and monthly in fall and winter.|
Caring for Aralia Golden
- When growing Ming Aralia indoors is that it must be kept constantly moist.
- Adequate watering is of course, essential, but over-watering is above all the greatest cause of the demise of virtually all Aralias.
- It is generally thought that plants will thrive when kept on the dry side.
- False aralia does not like to be moved. A sudden change in location causes the leaves to drop off.
- Trimming the tips of an Aralia Plant helps promote new growth.
- Handpick as many of the mealybugs from the plant as possible.
- Treat the areas near the base of the leaves with a cotton swab dipped in alcohol every five days, especially where you see the cottony masses of insects.
- Insecticidal soap is helpful when mealybugs are in the crawling stage, before they attach to the foliage and assume their cottony appearance.
Typical uses of Aralia Golden
Special features: Aralia varieties are ideal for adding softness and texture to indoor spaces.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: Aralia Plant is used as the ornamental shrub; may be grown indoors in containers.
Medicinal use: NA
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Nurserylive have adorned my garden, really beautiful!! I
I like very much this product.also i received a free gift on my order,i suggest everyone to buy N.L.
A perfect house plant.