Sedum Confusum - Plant
Description for Sedum Confusum
Sedum confusum is a sprawling ground cover which forms a foliage mat spreading by trailing stems. Features succulent, shiny, bright green leaves which typically form rosettes at the ends of stems rising to 10" tall.
Clusters of yellow, star-like flowers appear in summer. Sedum confusum is appropriately possessed of uncommon qualities. Unlike ivy, gazania and ice-plant, it does not get woody and does not build thatch.
The fleshy oval dark green leaves concentrate toward the tips of arching branches, forming lush mounds.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Lesser Mexican stonecrop||Yellow||April||0.25 to 0.75 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Plant sedum seeds in early spring in well-drained, average to rich soil in full sun. Space the plants between 6 inches and 2 feet apart, depending on the type. Low-growing and vigorous species will tolerate partial shade.
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||Well-drained soil||Medium||-20.6 degrees C (-5 degrees F) to -17.8 degrees C (0 degrees F)||The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.|
Caring for Sedum Confusum
- Plant sedum seeds in early spring in well-drained, average to rich soil in full sun. Space the plants between 6 inches and 2 feet apart, depending on the type.
- Low-growing and vigorous species will tolerate partial shade. You can also plant divisions or cuttings instead of seeds.
- Dig a hole so that the top of the root ball is level with the surface, then place the plant in the hole and fill it in.
- Once established, sedums require little care. Check your plants regularly to make sure they are not dry and water when needed.
- After flowering, cut back the plants to maintain their shape.
- Remember to divide your plants in the spring or fall to control their spread. Throughout the summer, divisions and cuttings root readily.
Typical uses of Sedum Confusum
Special features: Used as Ground cover, Borders, Rock gardens, Hanging baskets. May be difficult to find in commerce.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: NA
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Its been a month I bought this plant. It came with very few broken leaves but its growing fast now. Very happy with this one.
Worth Money. Good Product
Verry small size.but good product no any damage when i got it in my home delievery is superior