With this purchase you will get:
Description for Senecio Vitalis Blue
Tolerates light shade, but best performance is in full sun. Established plants have good drought tolerance. Performs poorly in heavy clay soils. Wet, poorly-drained soils in winter are usually fatal. If desired, prune plants after bloom to encourage dense foliage growth.
Planting and care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps Bangada bulbs cool when temperatures soar. Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
Caring for Senecio Vitalis Blue
- plant care is not difficult but does require vigilance.
- The vines need to be trained early when they are young.
- You may use plant ties or just weave them through trellis sections.
- Fertilize the plant in spring just before new growth appears.
- Pinch off the tips of the vines in the second year to promote branching which will fill the trellis with bushy growth.
Typical uses of Senecio Vitalis Blue
Special features: Where winter hardy, grow in herb gardens, borders or foundations. Ornamental specimen or low hedge. Container plants are attractive additions to patios, decks and other sunny areas around the home.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Easy plant to grow quickly and provide the rooms with a colourful leaf display
I really impressed with live plant I purchased online from nurserylive, the packaging was superb.. Thanks
Rare new variety?
"I can t wait to bulk purchase again.
Thank you very much. Love your company and site.
Any query about senecio vitalis blue - plant