Potted in 5 inch black polybag
Description for Chamaedorea Seifrizii, Bamboo Palm
The bamboo palm can grow to 6 feet and is more resistant to pests than the areca palm. It is also more effective than the areca and the lady palm at removing airborne chemicals. Also an excellent humidifier. Enjoys semi-sun and 60-75F temperatures, and not less than 50 degrees.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Bamboo palm||-||-||1.5 to 5 feet,||Easy|
Planting and care
|Palm s prefer partial shade (or partial with some sunlight), as they are more than happy in low-light conditions.||Bamboo plants also like to have fertile, slightly acidic, well drained but moist soil.||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season||10 to 20 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Chamaedorea Seifrizii
- After your bamboo palm has had time to establish itself you can move it into a shady spot or an area with indirect sun.
- The care is fairly simple, just water your plants when the soil becomes dry.
- Using a palm fertilizer is a good idea, but you should wait with newly planted palms for at least two months.
- Mites can be an issue with palms so keep an eye on the undersides of the leaves.
- If you notice mites, simply wash the leaves carefully in a warm water with mild soap.
- Do this periodically until the mites are gone also, remove brown and damaged leaves regularly.
Typical uses of Chamaedorea Seifrizii
Special features: Palms tend to lend themselves to creating shadows and reflections. You can stand a palm in an alcove that is lined with a mirror and create stunning effects. If you put one on each side of a fireplace, its even doubly stunning. The shadows cast by the palms fronds can pattern a plain wall. Spotlights can create good strong light for bold shadows.
These are quite dramatic. Do not position spotlights too closely because this generates too much heat for the palm to withstand. Finally, lighting the plant from below can cast shadows onto opposite walls and even the ceiling.
Ornamental use: This plant is frequently sold in decorative pots as a finished product rather than something to take home and re-pot in a more attractive vessel, which again makes it a good choice if you don t want to put much effort into plant care.