The plant is potted in 6 inch plastic Pot
Description for Calendula
Originally grown for use as a seasoning or for medicinal properties, calendula have become popular for their cheerful, bright yellow or orange flowers that follow the path of the sun throughout the day in the same way that sunflowers do.
Calendula have become popular for their cheerful, bright yellow or orange flowers that follow the path of the sun throughout the day in the same way that sunflowers do.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Pot Marigold, English Marigold, Poet s Marigold.||Yellow, Orange.||From early summer until frost.||1.5 to 2 feet,||Easy.|
Planting and care
Calendula is best planted in prepared garden beds or large containers filled with organic potting soil. Prior to planting in beds, work a shovelful or two of well-aged manure or compost into the ground to improve soil conditions.
|Full sun||Loamy soil, Sandy soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Calendula
- Select a spot for calendula that receives full sun. Calendulas do not require any special soil.
- Plant calendula seeds in the spring after the last frost in your area.
- Plant seeds about 1/4 to 1/2 inch (.64 to 1.27 cm) deep and 4 to 6 (10.16 to 15.24 cm) apart.
- Water the seedbed immediately after planting being careful not to wash the seeds out of their spots.
- Water the plants as needed to keep the soil moist, but be careful not to overwater.
- The soil should not be soaking wet.
- When the calendula seedlings are about 3 inches (7.62 cm) high, thin them so that the remaining plants are 8 to 12 inches (20.32 to 30.48 cm) apart.
- Apply a thin layer of compost to the calendula plants in midsummer.
Typical uses of Calendula
Culinary use: Calendula is edible flowers and spicy leaves add zest to summer salads and will draw plenty of ooohs and ahhs when presented in a meal.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good packaging and good plants& Nice deals...Dhiraj Gome
Thank you very much. Love your company and site.Upendra singh
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipientSridevi Venkatramana
This plants collection is awesome!!! I would recommend it to everyone.Shalini Shukla
i was satisfied .good packing ,but the leaf was damaged.so i gived 4 starsSuresh ch
Any query about calendula - plant