Hoya kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya - Plant
Description for Hoya kerrii, Heart Leaf, Sweetheart Hoya
Hoya kerrii is a climbing plant that can grow up to 4 meters high. Stems have a diameter of 7 mm. The leaves are 6 cm wide, 5 mm thick. Adult plants show inflorescences of 5 cm diameter and up to 25 flowers. They produce small balls of nectar, colored red to brown. It stays unchanged for many months. Then it grows quickly, maybe one meter by year.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Lucky-heart, Sweetheart Plant, Sweetheart Hoya, Heart Leaf, Valentine plant||White, burgundy/maroon-center||Summer||Up to 4 m||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Start planting when the temperature is stable. Use a small pot for one leaf. Re-pot when a plant grows drastically. Take care of roots while planting. Keep a safe distance between two plants as they should not collide with each other.
|Full sun to part shade||Well-drained||Low||18 to 30 degrees C||Use any organic fertilizer.|
Caring for Hoya kerrii
- Avoid keeping in dark places.
- Wait until the soil has dried out a little and then water again.
- The soil should never be saturated or boggy as this will lead to rotting.
- Apply a feed twice a year at most and for an older plant or that single leaf is throwing out new shoots you can feed a little more.
- Young plants with only one leaf should start to be re-potted when there is new growth.
Typical uses of Hoya kerrii
Special features: Heart shape leaves
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is the best gifting plant and an ornamental to grow in the garden.
Medicinal use: NA
You may browse related categories
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Young ones adapt better
Very much happy with the product and service.
Good packing. Plant is very healthy and also I received free seeds offer & cashback . Happy :-)