With this purchase you will get:
Description for Victoria Bird Nest Fern, Asplenium Victoria
Interesting Fact: Interestingly, this plant has a stout erect rhizome (stem) that bears a rosette of simple leaves (fronds) to form a structure that resembles a â€œnestâ€.
This unique fern grows in the form of a deep rosette of large, shiny, spear-shaped fronds. New fronds unfurl from the centre of the plant. The fronds are light green, often crinkled, with a black midrib, and exhibit circinate vernation. Spores develop in sori on the underside of the fronds.
Planting and care
Propagation of birds nest fern is through the spore. The rhizomes are divided during replanting or repotting when you feel that the fronds are overcrowded. Best time for these divisions is during the rainy season.
Caring for Victoria Bird Nest Fern
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Victoria Bird Nest Fern
Special features: Interesting foliage
Ornamental use: Used for decorations in homes, shops and offices.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!
Do we have to replant it when this will be get delivered to us at home?
excellent plant. needs quite a bit of care though.
Versatile plant that can be kept in sunny or semi-shade environments
Just too beautiful! Plant is very positive and green...Feeling so good
Any query about victoria bird nest fern, asplenium victoria - plant