The plant is potted in 6 inch plastic Pot
Description for Phalaenopsis Yellow
The genus can be classified into two groups : A group of species with a long, branched inflorescence (up to 1 m long) and large, almost round flowers with rose or white tints. A group of species with short stems and less rounded, waxy flowers with more pronounced colors.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Moth Orchid||Yellow||Late winter through the spring.||-||Easy|
Planting and care
|prefer dappled light (an east or west facing windowsill behind a net curtain is ideal).||They should be potted in a more typical houseplant mix that holds some moisture but still drains well.||Do not let the soil dry out.||20 degrees C (68 degrees C).||Give a quarter strength fertiliser once a month.|
Caring for Phalaenopsis Yellow
- Too much bright light can burn the leaves and turn the plants yellowish while too little will result in plants with soft leaves that don t flower.
- Report after flowering. Don t over the pot; wash the old compost from the roots before working the new compost gently and firmly around the roots.
- he leaves of a Phalaenopsis orchid can burn and turn yellow if they are exposed to direct sunlight. As such, you should put your orchid in a place that receives sufficient indirect sunlight.
- Overly low temperatures can also cause orchid leaves to turn yellow. Make sure the temperatures around your orchid are between 65 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and 60 and 70 degrees at night.
- Overwatering your Phal can lead to root rot, which can, in turn, cause its leaves to turn yellow. You should only water the plant when the top one inch of the potting medium is dry and the roots are white and make sure there are enough holes in the pot to allow proper drainage.
- If your orchid is suffering from root rot but you see your plant still has some healthy green roots, trim the rotted roots and repot the plant in new media. Mist the leaves the first week in place of watering.
Typical uses of Phalaenopsis Yellow
Ornamental use: Phals do very well as houseplants and will grow and flower in a moderately bright windowsill.
- http://www.orchid.org.uk/phalcult.htm http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/houseplants/easy-orchids-to-grow-as-houseplants/
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Excellent proctus collectionJeremy Cabral
"I can t wait to bulk purchase again.Namrata Mishra
Online Plants sell the Super Model of plants!Shakil Anwar
Rare new variety?Tellam Srinivasarao
Quick delivery, good priceVijayalakshmi Kesharwalaa
Any query about phalaenopsis yellow - plant