** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Cryptanthus (Elaine) Earth Star, Starfish
Interesting fact: Cryptanthus are more commonly known as Earth Stars, a name they received because of the shape of their foliage
This bromeliad with rosettes to 30cm across. Leaves to 15cm long by 2cm wide, bright rose pink with a dark purplish median stripe and transverse bands of white. Leaf margins thorny.
Planting and care
Earth Stars is propagated through the suckers.
Caring for Cryptanthus
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Cryptanthus
Special features: The plant has an interesting color of foliage with bands.
Ornamental use: The plant is highly preferred for the gardens as the foliage is beautiful.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
What are other names of this plant?
How often should i water it and does it come with soil or should i get my own soil?
Given as a gift in the hopes of bringing prosperity to the recipient
Got all healthy plants..thanks
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.