** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Chamaedorea Seifrizii, Bamboo Palm
The bamboo palm can grow to 6 feet and is more resistant to pests than the areca palm. It is also more effective than the areca and the lady palm at removing airborne chemicals. Also an excellent humidifier. Enjoys semi-sun and 60-75F temperatures, and not less than 50 degrees.
Planting and care
Caring for Chamaedorea Seifrizii
- After your bamboo palm has had time to establish itself you can move it into a shady spot or an area with indirect sun.
- The care is fairly simple, just water your plants when the soil becomes dry.
- Using a palm fertilizer is a good idea, but you should wait with newly planted palms for at least two months.
- Mites can be an issue with palms so keep an eye on the undersides of the leaves.
- If you notice mites, simply wash the leaves carefully in a warm water with mild soap.
- Do this periodically until the mites are gone also, remove brown and damaged leaves regularly.
Typical uses of Chamaedorea Seifrizii
Special features: Palms tend to lend themselves to creating shadows and reflections. You can stand a palm in an alcove that is lined with a mirror and create stunning effects. If you put one on each side of a fireplace, its even doubly stunning. The shadows cast by the palms fronds can pattern a plain wall. Spotlights can create good strong light for bold shadows.
These are quite dramatic. Do not position spotlights too closely because this generates too much heat for the palm to withstand. Finally, lighting the plant from below can cast shadows onto opposite walls and even the ceiling.
Ornamental use: This plant is frequently sold in decorative pots as a finished product rather than something to take home and re-pot in a more attractive vessel, which again makes it a good choice if you don t want to put much effort into plant care.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
I can see the love and care that goes into shipping my plants, thanks nurserylive.
Some leaves are green and some leaves are greenish yellow but anyway it looks great!
I have been growing exotic plants for 50 years
perfect gift for your office and home.
?How many years will it live?
Any query about chamaedorea seifrizii, bamboo palm - plant