With this purchase you will get:
Description for Oxalis corniculata
Oxalis corniculata, the creeping woodsorrel, also called procumbent yellow-sorrel or sleeping beauty, resembles the common yellow woodsorrel, Oxalis stricta.
Planting and care
Select a sunny or partially shady outdoor planting site. Mix a 3- to 6-inch layer of organic matter such as compost, well-aged cow manure and sphagnum peat moss into the planting site.
Mix it in thoroughly to a depth of 10 to 12 inches with a rototiller or shovel.
Plant wood sorrel bulbs or rhizomes in the prepared soil in fall. Dig planting holes Â½ to 1 inch deep and 4 to 6 inches wide with a hand trowel. Space holes for multiple plantings 6 inches apart.
Caring for Oxalis corniculata
- Place three or four wood sorrel bulbs or rhizomes into each hole.
- Push loose, prepared soil over the bulbs or rhizomes until the top of the soil is level with the surrounding garden soil.
- Water the placed you planted bulbs or rhizomes to settle the soil.
- Water the planting site when its soil begins to dry. After the plants grow and have healthy stems and leaves, give them an application of 20-10-20 or 15-15-15 fertilizer once per week.
- Allow the soil to dry, and do not fertilize the wood sorrel plants if they become dormant.
- Some wood sorrel species become dormant and appear dead for as long as three months up to four times per year.
- Resume watering and fertilizing after new stems and leaves appear on the wood sorrel plants.
Typical uses of Oxalis corniculata
Special features: They usually bloom in spring and fall, producing pink, purple, red, white or yellow flowers.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Medicinal use: It is anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, astringent, depurative, diuretic, emmenagogue, febrifuge, lithontripic, stomachic and styptic.
It is used in the treatment of influenza, fever, urinary tract infections, enteritis, diarrhea, traumatic injuries, sprains and poisonous snake bites.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Perfect product to improve the ambience in your home and give it a fresh look!
IS this, an indoor plant ????
Great plant, great case, great packaging. If you are planning to buy please go ahead.
I have been growing exotic plants for 50 years
Is the item durable?
Any query about oxalis corniculata - plant