** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Asclepias tuberosa
Asclepias tuberosa, commonly called butterfly weed, is a tuberous rooted, Missouri native perennial which occurs in dry/rocky open woods, glades, prairies, fields and roadsides.
Butterfly gardens, meadows, prairies, or naturalized/native plant areas. Also effective in sunny borders.
Planting and care
Sow directly in fall, November is a good option for most regions.
Start seeds indoors 2 months before final frost- refrigerator cold stratification required.
Spring Sow seeds directly after final frost- don t forget to stratify first. Divide your butterfly weed.
Caring for Asclepias tuberosa
- Grows well in sandy, well-draining soils.
- Fertilize with organic slow-release fertilizer.
- This can be a difficult choice in the wrong spot. However, it also can take awhile to get going. Give it 3 years to prove itâ€™s worthy for your garden.
- Since tuberosa can be temperamental about growing conditions, try planting in a couple different spots to see where it grows best.
- Transplant milkweed in early spring or fall for a higher survival rate.
Typical uses of Asclepias tuberosa
Special features: Unlike many of the other milkweeds, this species does not have milky-sapped stems.
Ornamental use: Butterfly weed makes a delightful cut flower. Strong color, Blooms ornamental, Showy, Long-living, Perennial garden.
Medicinal use: Harvest root in fall and dry for later herb use. The root is medicinal, it is antispasmodic, carminative, mildly cathartic, diaphoretic, diuretic, expectorant, tonic and vasodilator. Butterfly Weed Root is used internally in the treatment of diarrhea, dysentery, chronic rheumatism, and as an expectorant.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Any query about asclepias tuberosa - plant