Senecio mandraliscae - Succulent Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Senecio mandraliscae, commonly called blue finger, is a bushy succulent with bluish-green leaves.
Availability by 3 - 5 days
( 700 times booked in last 90 days )
** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today |
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
With this purchase you will get:
Senecio Mandraliscae Plant
3 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Senecio Mandraliscae
Plant height: 0.5 - 0.8 inches
Plant spread: 2 - 4 inches
Slender-Leaf Senecio is a slender, hairless, much-branched annual herb, usually about 15-45 cm tall. The leaves are stalkless and pinnately cut.
This is such a useful succulent. The linear foliage gives the garden a shot of blue all year long. The texture & color combine well with many plants. Try it with Asclepias currassavica Silky Gold for a blue & yellow garden or combine with lime green Crassula lycopodiodes for a cool color scheme. Grows to about 1 inch high & about 3 inch wide. Clip to keep compact. The flowers are inconspicuous, but S. madraliscae makes an excellent foliage plant. It can be grown as a trailing plant in a container.
Common name(s): Senecio tenuifolius,Fish Hook Sedum, Blue Chalk Sticks, Blue finger, Bluefinger, Blue stick succulent
Flower colours: Green
Bloom time: Spring and Summer
Max reachable height: 15-45 cm
Difficulty to grow: easy to grow
Planting and care
Determine whether or not the blue finger plant receives bright sunlight. Prune nearby plants foliage or move the blue finger to a site that receives bright sunlight if necessary. In climates with hot summers, however, the plant benefits from light afternoon shade.
Prune the plant nearly to the ground in early spring. Pruning removes old growth and makes room for healthy new growth.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temperature: 6 F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Senecio Mandraliscae
- Water the plant only during dry summer weather. Blue finger is a drought-tolerant succulent that can survive long, dry periods. Watch for signs that the plant needs water, especially leaves that begin to look shrunken or wilted. Water the plant s site deeply, and then allow the soil to dry completely before watering again.
- Stop watering the plant in late summer or early autumn. Withhold water completely during the winter months. Damp, cool soil places the plant at risk for stem rot.
- Established plants are extremely drought tolerant.
- They do need some water, during the summer, but do not leave the soil wet for prolonged periods.
- Allow the soil to dry out between waterings in the winter, when they are somewhat dormant.
- Since they are growing in sandy soil, nutrients will need to be replenished.
- Fertilize annually, but lightly.
- Too much fertilizer will cause a lot of leggy growth.
Typical uses of Senecio Mandraliscae
Special features: The disc flowers are narrow at the base, 3 mm long, hairy with white hairs on the ribs and brown colour
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Unverified information Slender-Leaf Senecio is widely used for its medicinal properties. The leaves of the plant are valuable. These leaves from the Indian medicinal plant are used as an emollient and vulnerary.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
4 / 5 Manisha Sharma 02 July 2018
he plant was very nicely packed. Thanks for the plant surely will order more
5 / 5 Vikram 02 July 2018
Great plant for a green gift
4 / 5 Neha Goyal 02 July 2018
Wow nice plants and delivered in great condition..
5 / 5 Dhiraj Gome 29 June 2018
Love how cute the plant is..
5 / 5 Ruma Jain 29 June 2018
Have never ordered plants on line before but want to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am with the plants.
Any query about senecio mandraliscae - succulent plant
You may browse related categories
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved