Oregon hollygrape - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Out of Stock
( newly launched )
** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today |
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today |
- Upto 100% Cashback on all orders
- Assured 20% min cashback
- view more
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
It is in leaf all year, in flower from March to April. Fruit is eaten raw or cooked. An acid flavour, but it is rather nice raw especially when added to muesli or porridge. Unfortunately, there is relatively little flesh and a lot of seeds. The fruit can also be dried and used as raisins. Common name:
Mahonia napaulensis Color:
March to AprilHeight:
18 inDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
An accurate soil test will tell you where your pH currently stands. Acidic (sour) soil is counteracted by applying finely ground limestone, and alkaline (sweet) soil is treated with ground sulfur.If you order roses from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest). They are usually shipped in the spring as bare roots when plants are fully dormant, well before they have leafed outSunlight:
Full Sun to Partial ShadeSoil:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
The fruit is a berry, first green, then turning bluish black with a grayish bloom. They are about a half inch long and hang in grapelike clusters.UseMedicinal use:
- The fruit can also be dried and used as raisins.
- Medicinal uses: The fruits are said to be diuretic and demulcent.
- They are used in the treatment of dysentery.
- Berberine, universally present in rhizomes of Mahonia species, has marked antibacterial effects and is used as a bitter tonic.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use. Reference:
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Any query about oregon hollygrape - plant
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved