With this purchase you will get:
Description for Opuntia monacantha
It has an appearance with numerous small cylindrical tubercles. It is a bushy cactus with cylindrical branches. Flowers are generally large and are born individually on the areoles.
Planting and care
Re-pot when the plant performs clump and goes beyond the pot size. It should be done before or after the rainy season and in the spring season.
Re-pot with the following proportions: 3 parts of potting soil, 1 part of grit (pumice), 1 part of the horticultural-grade sand, 1/2 part of the compost etc.
Caring for Opuntia monacantha
- Keep in a bright sunny location.
- Try not to water the leaves, give water to soil only.
- Avoid overwatering as the roots may get rot.
- Water the plant in a morning, between 8 to 10 am.
- Avoid keeping in suffocated areas or in dark room.
- While, re-potting or propagating try not to disturb the roots.
- Required care in the winter season. If growing in a pot, then kept in indoors and growing in outside do mulching.
Typical uses of Opuntia monacantha
Special features: Survivals and growers of the summer.
Ornamental use: Its color and the appearance is appreciated by the various gardens.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
How old is the plant you have shown..?
Thank you very much. Love your company and site.
Excellent service and good product. Well packed and well delivered. Though few leaves were fallen but plant was almost ok.
Low maintenance perennial indoor potted plant
I really like ur live plants and wish to order more in future
Any query about opuntia monacantha - plant