1 packet contains Pole Bean - 5gm seeds.
** for new paypal users only
|Special Gift Today|
|upto 100% Cashback on all orders Today|
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Pole Beans Selection Sanchi
Dried or fresh, shelled or whole, beans are a favourite crop for home vegetable gardens. They are easy to grow, and the range of plant sizes means there is room for beans in just about any garden. Among the hundreds of varieties available, there are types that thrive in every section of the country.
These are further divided according to growth habit. Bush types are generally self-supporting. Pole beans have twining vines that require support from stakes, strings, wires, or trellises. Runner beans are similar to pole beans, although runners need cooler growing conditions. Half-runners, popular in the South, fall somewhere in between pole and bush beans.
Pole beans yield two to three times more than bush beans from the same space, are easier to harvest, and many gardeners believe they are better tasting. Both types have similar requirements, except pole beans need a 5- to 8-foot-tall support. Can provide strong background or vertical element in flower garden.
Planting and care
Fresh crisp beans are a summer treat that is easy to grow in most climates. Beans may be pole or bush; however, growing pole beans allows the gardener to maximize planting space. Planting pole beans also ensures a longer crop period and may yield up to three times as many beans as the bush varieties.
Pole beans require some training onto a pole or trellis, but this makes them easier to harvest and the graceful flowering vines add dimensional interest to the vegetable garden.
Sow the seeds 4 to 8 inches apart in rows that are 24 to 36 inches apart in rows. Push the seeds one inch and lightly brush soil over them. When planting them in hills, sow four to six seeds at even intervals around the hill. Water after planting until the top 2 to 3 inches of soil are damp. Germination should take place in eight to ten days.
Caring for Pole Beans Selection Sanchi
- Seeds of most varieties tend to crack and germinate poorly if the soil s moisture content is too high.
- For this reason, never soak bean seed before planting.
- Instead water just after planting or plant right before a heavy rain.
- Mulch soil to retain moisture; make sure that it is well-drained.
- Water regularly, from start of pod to set. Water on sunny days so foliage will not remain soaked.
- Beans require normal soil fertility.
- Only fertilize where levels are low.
- Begin after heavy bloom and set of pods. Use a light hand when applying high-nitrogen fertilizer, or you will get lush plants and few beans.
- Weed diligently and use shallow cultivation to prevent disturbing the root systems.
- Beans have shallow roots and frequent shallow cultivation and hoeing are necessary to control small weeds and grasses.
- Because bean plants have fairly weak root systems, deep, close cultivation injures the plant roots, delays harvest and reduces yields.
Typical uses of Pole Beans Selection Sanchi
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
seeds germination rate is good
All the seeds germinated. Now I have way too many seedlings.
Some good number of seeds have germinated . Would know better later on when they would eventually produce flower & egg plant
The reason why I am reviewing this so lately is because I wanted some time to see it s germination and growth afterwards. Today the plant is in full bloom . It has almost grown up to 3 ft in height an
Any query about 1+1 pole beans selection sanchi - seeds