1+1 Mesembryanthemum, Ice Plant Mixed - Seeds
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
1 Packet contains 100 seeds of Mesembryanthemum, Ice Plant Mixed - Seeds
( 676 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
Description for Mesembryanthemum, Ice Plant Mixed
Ice Plants have fleshy, succulent foliage and are originally from barren, arid, warm areas of the world such as South Africa. Depending on the variety, they are classified as perennials, sub-shrubs or annuals compatible with many different climate zones. Ice Plants are easy to grow and can be planted from seeds once gardeners have determined which variety they want in their garden.
Common name(s): Fig Marigold, Icicle Plant, Pebble Plant, Ice plant, Sea Marigold, Sea Fig.
Flower colours: Pink, white, yellow, red. Daisy-like ray and disc florets.
Bloom time: Jul to September
Max reacahble height: 4 to 8 inches (10 to 20 cm).
Difficulty to grow:: Easy
Planting and care
Sunlight: Full sunlight
Soil: an survive in dry soils,loamy soil,clay soil.It can tolerate nutritionally poor or saline soils.
Water: Occasional watering during prolonged dry spells.
Temperature: 18 to 24 degrees Centigrade.
Fertilizer: A liquid fertiliser once the first round of flowering has occurred.
Caring for Mesembryanthemum
- Always plant these succulents in bright sun and well-drained sandy, sandy loam or even gravelly soil. Always avoid clay soils.
- In colder climates, get your Iceplants in the ground by mid-summer. That will give them of time to get established before winter arrives.
- In very hot climates (e.g. Southwest US) plant in the autumn.
- Although drought tolerant, remember that every living thing needs some water. During the hottest months of the summer, water deeply once a week.
- This will mimic the rain patterns in South Africa where rain comes mostly in the summertime.
- Donâ€™t water your plants in the late autumn and through the winter. You donâ€™t want the leaves plump with moisture which make them susceptible to freezing.
- In very cold areas, consider planting a â€œrow cropâ€ to shelter your ice plant from freezing temperatures.
- If you live in areas where snow lingers, cover your plants with a frost blanket during the coldest months. â€œMulchâ€ around ice plants with gravel. This helps both stems and roots as the gravel holds a correct amount of moisture around the roots but allows good air circulation around the stems.
- If gravel isnâ€™t available for mulch, bark chips of a medium texture will do. Pine needles can also be a good choice.
- In mid-autumn, stop watering your plants to help prepare them for winter. Without water, they will shrink back and harden to better resist freezing temperatures.
- Donâ€™t worry about fertilizing. To enhance your plantsâ€™ foliage and flowers, fertilize with a natural, organic fertilizer one time in the autumn. Fertilizing more may cause plants to die off during the winter due to the moisture freezing in their plump leaves.
July to september
Typical uses of Mesembryanthemum
Culinary use: Once the plant has several leaves and is well established, pick the leaves as desired. The slightly acid-flavored, fleshy parts of the leaves are boiled and served like spinach.
Leaves and stems - raw or cooked
Seeds can also be eaten.
Ornamental use: Used for decorations in homes, shops and offices.
Medicinal use: The crushed leaves can be used as a soap substitute and has some medicinal uses. It is rarely, if ever, grazed upon by domestic stock.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
5 / 5 Sripriya Madhu 27 August 2017
I have this plant in my house, it really look nice.
5 / 5 Roopam Shahi 26 August 2017
I want to buy this plant in bulk.
5 / 5 monica sharma 24 August 2017
Do yu have scented flpwer plants also?
4 / 5 v.kiran yadav 24 August 2017
can we collect seeds of this plant to regrow.
5 / 5 Laxmi Kulkarni 24 July 2017
Will you delier this to Delhi.
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved