|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Cherry Tomato, Cherry Tomato Honey
There are all kinds of tomatoes to try â€“ from the tiniest cherry types that are favorites with children, through to full-flavored giant beefsteak tomatoes. And tomatoes come in all kinds of colours too â€“ red, of course, but also green and orange, even purple tomatoes or striped tomatoes. Tomato plants can be cordon varieties that need staking and tying in, bush varieties, and there are even tomato plants designed to grow in hanging baskets.
Planting and care
Sow seeds a quarter to half an inch deep, and water gently but thoroughly. Itâ€™s important that seeds remain moist until they sprout. A seed that has become wet and begun germinating will die if it dries out.
Caring for Cherry Tomato
- Once they germinate, make sure that the seedlings receive a lot of intense light and keep them warm and constantly moist. Water whenever the soil begins to feel dry.
- â€œWarmâ€ here means daytime temps between 65 and 85˚F, and nighttime temperatures of 60 to 65˚F.
- For optimal growth, seedlings need 12 to 16 hours of light a day, so if youâ€™re low on south-facing window-sills, youâ€™ll probably need to use some kind of supplemental lighting.
- Fluorescent lights work well but need to be within six inches of the seedlings or youâ€™ll end up with tall, spindly plants.
- If you have your seedlings on a window sill, be sure to turn them daily to keep them from acquiring a permanent southward crick in the stem.
- Looking for plant lights? Planet Natural offers a wide selection of indoor grow lights so you can choose the right system for your needs and budget.
- When the seedlings have four leaves, transfer them to deeper pots, still using a light potting mixture. Work with care, so as not to disturb the roots or bruise the young plants.
- Put a layer of potting soil (about an inch) in the bottom of the new pots, then tip the seedling to transplant into your hand or scoop it out of its old home with a spoon.
- Set the seedling in the new pot (about 4″ by 4″ works well, and 4 to 6 inches deep) and carefully fill the pot with soil, covering most of the seedlingâ€™s stem.
- Only the leaves should be above the soil line. If this leaves lots of space at the top of the pot, more soil can be added as the plant grows.
- If you donâ€™t get around to repotting tomato seedlings until the plants have developed several sets of leaves, pinch off all but the top clump, leaving no more than three sets of leaves. Repeat the whole process when seedlings are 8 to 10 inches tall, if itâ€™s not yet time to transplant outdoors.
- Tomato stems will root if they are on or under the earth, so each time you transfer to a bigger pot, remove the lower-lying leaves and place the uppermost leaves just above the soil line. This ensures that the tomato will have a solid, deep root system which will provide the plant with adequate support and nutrients.
Leave your tomatoes on the vine as long as possible. If any fall off before they appear ripe, place them in a paper bag with the stem up and store them in a cool, dark place. Never place tomatoes on a sunny windowsill to ripen; they may rot before they are ripe. The perfect tomato for picking will be firm and very red in color, with perhaps some yellow remaining around the stem. Pick tomatoes as they redden. Never refrigerate fresh tomatoes. Doing so spoils the flavor and texture that make up that garden tomato taste. To freeze, core fresh unblemished tomatoes and place them whole in freezer bags or containers.
Typical uses of Cherry Tomato
Special features: Tomatoes grow in all sizes, from tiny "currant" to "cherry" to large "beefsteak." There are hundreds of varieties to suit different climates and tastes.
Culinary use: Tomato is one of the most used ingredient in Indian cooking.
Ornamental use: Some varieties of tomato are used for ornamental purpose.
Medicinal use: Tomatoes contain a chemical called lycopene, which is thought to play a role in preventing cancer.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Good seeds and quality packing
Vey Nice Seeds but good in quantity.
All the seeds germinated. Now I have way too many seedlings.
Good number of plants and currently flowering so waiting for the cherry tomatos!!
Good germination, no waste any seed.