|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 300 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 30 - Rs 150) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 300
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Cauliflower Verde Di Macerata
Packed with rich nutrients, cauliflower or cabbage flower is one of the commonly used flower-vegetable. The flower heads contain numerous health benefiting phtyo-nutrients such as indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane etc., that help prevent prostate, ovarian and cervical cancers.
Botanically, it is a member of the cruciferous or brassicaceae family. It has got a similar nutritional and phyto-chemistry profile with broccoli and cabbage. Several cultivars exist other than common snow-white variety, including green, orange, purple, and romanesco heads.
You can eat cauliflower raw, steamed, stir-fried or cooked in casseroles.
Lifecycle: annual, Biennial grown as an annual.
Spread: 1.3 to 3 feet
Planting and care
Caring for Cauliflower Verde Di Macerata
- Make sure that the plants have uninterrupted growth. Any interruption can cause the plants to develop a head prematurely or ruin the edible part completely.
- Cauliflower requires consistent soil moisture. They need 1 to 1.5 inches of water each week; with normal rainfall, this usually requires supplement watering.
- For best growth, side-dress the plants with a nitrogen fertilizer. Note that the cauliflower will start out as a loose head and it takes time for the head to form.
- Many varieties take at least 75 to 85 days from transplant. Be patient.
- When the curd (the white head) is about 2 to 3 inches in diameter, tie the outer leaves together over the head with a rubber band, tape, or twine. This is called blanching, and it protects the head from the sun and helps you get that pretty white colour.
- The plants are usually ready for harvest 7 to 12 days after blanching.
Typical uses of Cauliflower Verde Di Macerata
Culinary use: The thick, oval leaves have a pronounced mid-rib and veins. The leaves and stem of cauliflower are both edible.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Is this vegetable seeds are hybrid or non hybrid ?
Sprouted super fast.....have to replant now. I had put too many seeds together. Mistake not to be made again. Great product. My first time in gardening
vegetable Seeds germinated within a week of sowing and excellent success rate.
How to order this plant.
Can we grow it like a climber on the gates?