Morpankhi, Thuja Compacta - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Thuja are evergreen trees with stringy-textured reddish-brown bark. The shoots are flat, with side shoots only in a single plane.
( 199 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
With this purchase you will get:
Morpankhi, Thuja Compacta Plant
6 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Morpankhi, Thuja Compacta
Plant height: 1.1 - 1.8 inches
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches
The tubular flowers are violetish white in the throat with streaks of violet. The flower throat is also hairy.
Thuja are evergreen trees growing from 10 to 200 feet (3.0 to 61.0 metres) tall, with stringy-textured reddish-brown bark. The shoots are flat, with side shoots only in a single plane. The leaves are scale-like 1 to 10 mm long
Common name(s): Morpankhi, Oriental thuja, Oriental arborvitae
Flower colours: White
Bloom time: November-December
Max reachable height: Up to 61 m
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Planting season of the thuja is in the monsoon and spring season. This plant easily grows in the pot and ground. The potted plant requires fertilizer once in a month. Prune the plant in the spring season.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: Sandy loam soil
Temperature: 20 to 35 degree C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Morpankhi
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Morpankhi
Special features: The main difference is that Morphankhi has all leaves and branchlets in one plane.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
5 / 5 Vijay Suma 28 June 2018
can you supply marble or terracotta rectangular pot?
5 / 5 ARIVAZHAGAN ILANDIRAYAN 27 June 2018
Nice plant and vase. As well. I like it
5 / 5 Kunal Agarwal 27 June 2018
Excellent proctus collection
5 / 5 Jyoti Dhingra 19 June 2018
Awesome.... Really I feel its now safe to buy plants online. Perfect packing....Great idea.
5 / 5 Radhika Ohri 18 June 2018
Worth Money. Good Product
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved