Mimosa Pudica, Touch me not, Chui mui - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Touch me not plant is a source of fascination to adults and children alike.
( 429 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
With this purchase you will get:
Mimosa Pudica, Touch me not, Chui mui Plant
5 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Mimosa Pudica, Touch me not, Chui mui
Plant height: 3 - 5 inches
Plant spread: 4 - 8 inches
Interesting fact: The most interesting feature of Mimosa pudica plant (sensitive plant) is its ability to fold the leaves when touched that is why it is called touch me not.
mimosa pudica is a tropical plant but in cold climate, you can grow it in the pot and keep it indoors in winter. The stem is erect, slender and branching. The leaves are bipinnate. This plant produces small, pink, powder-puff like flowers in the summer.
Common name(s): Mimosa Pudica, Touch me not, Chui Mui, Sensitive plant, Shy plant, Shame plant
Flower colours: Pink
Bloom time: Summer
Max reachable height: Up to 24 inches
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Touch me not plant is propagated by seeds and cuttings. Its an extremely easy plant to grow and germinates quickly. Seed sowing must be done when a temperature is warm. This plant prefers sun to light shade sites with well-draining and moderately fertile soil.
Sunlight: Full to partial sunlight
Soil: Well-drained soil
Temperature: 20 to 40 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Mimosa Pudica
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Mimosa Pudica
Special features: Ability to fold the leaves when touched.
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
5 / 5 Ratna Jyoti Das Kalita 01 July 2018
This plants collection is awesome!!! I would recommend it to everyone.
5 / 5 Navin Honnavar 30 June 2018
Wow plant in excellent shape.
5 / 5 Aparna 27 June 2018
when I opened the box I was amazed at how well this plant was packaged and how healthy they all were.
5 / 5 Vinita Singh 27 June 2018
Properties of this plant makes it??great houseplants.
5 / 5 Pukhrambam Kavita 20 June 2018
VERY nice im so Happy for this plant
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved