Kamrak, Starfruit - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Starfruit has an unusual shape, which resembles a five-pointed star when sliced.
( 389 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
With this purchase you will get:
Kamrak, Starfruit Plant
Description for Kamrak, Starfruit
Plant height: 24 - 38 inches
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches
Interesting Fact: Shape of this fruit resembles a star especially cross-section of the cut fruit looks like a 5-pointed star.
Starfruit is a small to medium sized juicy tropical exotic fruit. This fruit has oxalic acid in it and because of this, it is acidic in nature. Starfruits are sweet or sour fruit. Usually, this fruit shape is like a star with a ribbed structure. The yellow fruit is 3-4 inch long with waxy skin and 5 prominent ridges.
Common name(s): Foreign peach, carambola, five corners, star fruit, kamrakh and kamranga
Flower colours: Pink
Bloom time: Winter
Max reachable height: Up to 2 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Starfruit is propagated from the grafting, budding, and layering as well as from the seeds. Planting distance of the starfruit plants is 8 meter x 8 meter.
Sunlight: Full Sun to Partial Shade
Soil: Sandy loam soil
Temperature: 25 to 35 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Kamrak
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Kamrak
Special features: Fruit shape
Culinary use: Sweet fruits can be eaten fresh and sour fruits can be used for making pickling or a substitute for tamarind.
Ornamental use: This plant grows in the garden.
Medicinal use: Starfruit is a good source of vitamin-A, vitamin-C, and B-complex.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
5 / 5 Laxmi Lucky 27 June 2018
Nice packing & plants,like professional brand..
5 / 5 Nidhin M 27 June 2018
Super happy with this. The packaging was great and the plant itself is exactly what I wanted.
5 / 5 Sarthak Markam 26 June 2018
Thank you Nurserylive for such nice live plants collection
5 / 5 Vishal Tejaswi 23 June 2018
he plant was very nicely packed. Thanks for the plant surely will order more
4 / 5 Nirmala Vijayakumar 22 June 2018
I purchased a plant online from nursery live and received it in a very perfect condition, Thanks nurserylive team
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved