Heliconia Rostrata - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Heliconia psittacorum is one of the most popular type of Heliconia also known as Parakeet Flower, Parrots Beak, Parrots Flower and False Bird-of-Paradise.
( 330 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
With this purchase you will get:
Heliconia Rostrata Plant
6 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Heliconia Rostrata
Plant height: 24 - 37 inches
It is one that resembles most to the birds-of-paradise. It is an exotic, which blooms abundantly all year long.
It has long pointed leaves which shiny green with a red edge. The leaves look similar to that of a banana.
It is an exotic, which blooms abundantly all year long. The flowers also make good cut flowers.Very beautiful as a potted plant on the patio in a decorative container.
Common name(s): Golden Torch
Flower colours: Red-Green
Bloom time: Blossoms in spring,summer and fall.
Max reachable height: 2 feet - 5 feet.
Difficulty to grow: Easy.
Planting and care
Sunlight: It needs to be grown in full sun
Soil: Freely draining soils with high organic matter.
Water: Allow the soil to dry out upto top 2 inches before watering again.
Temperature: The plant requires a hot atmosphere.
Fertilizer: This plant loves to be fed. Fertilize 3 times a year with a top quality granular fertilizer.
Supplement feedings with regular applications of liquid fertilizer during warm months for heavier bloom.
Caring for Heliconia Rostrata
- The plant requires a high humidity area. It can be grown well next to a water body.
- Add top soil or organic peat humus to the hole when you plant. You might also add in composted cow manure to enrich the soil around the plant's rootball.
- Dead leaves and old stems that have finished flowering should be removed to encourage more flowering.
- In spring cut back to the ground any cold damaged stalks.
- This plant loves to be fed. Fertilize 3 times a year with a top quality granular fertilizer. Supplement feedings with regular applications of liquid fertilizer during warm months for heavier bloom.Regular irrigation is a must.
- This plant needs water and and it needs it often (2 to 3 times a week in summer), though it doesn't do well in a boggy area.
Typical uses of Heliconia Rostrata
Special features: Used as Bedding Plant, Container Plant, Cut flower Plant, Feature Plant, Ground cover Plant and Mixed Border Plant
Ornamental use: The flowers make good cut flowers. Very beautiful as a potted plant on the patio in a decorative container.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
5 / 5 Dheeraj Sharma 30 June 2018
Great plant for a green gift
5 / 5 Rohit Chaturvedi 27 June 2018
Is this plant low maintenance.
5 / 5 Datten Patel 26 June 2018
I put some water in this plant everyday and they grow like mad!
4 / 5 Sanjay Choudhary 25 June 2018
Ideal plant for green gift
4 / 5 Mihailsl 22 June 2018
Very small but looking cute
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved