Eucalyptus Citriodora, Lemon Eucalyptus - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Common name: Eucalyptus, Safeda.
( 33 times booked in last 90 days )
** for new paypal users only
Note: This product may take upto 3 weeks to deliver.
|Special Gift Today |
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
This membrane is flung off as the flower blooms, revealing the woody fruit containing many eucalyptus tree seeds.Common name:
White, pink, yellow, red, orangeBloom time:
late spring to mid-summer.Height:
Eucalyptus tree can reach 33 to 200 feet in height.Difficulty level:
EasyPlanting & Care
Planting in fall or at the start of the rainy season is best. For cold winter areas, plant in the early spring so it has a chance to extend roots before winter sets in. Water the tree well before planting and choose a sunny area. Then, dig a hole larger than the pot you purchased it in and one to two inches deeper. Take the tree out of the pot and separate the roots without breaking very many. Water the tree and fill in the dirt as you water. Cover the new soil with mulch to hold in the water and keep weeds away.Sunlight:
Water plant once in a week.Temprature:
80-90 F. (27-32 C.Fertilizer:
- Eucalyptus grows rapidly in poor soil conditions and readily reseeds itself in warmer climates.
- However, some types of eucalyptus require cold stratification, wherein the seed must be chilled to begin the process of germination.
- To cold stratify eucalyptus tree seeds, mix together 1 teaspoon of seeds to 2 to 3 tablespoons of filler such as perlite, vermiculite or sand.
- Dampen the mixture, put in a zip-lock bag labeled and dated, and place in the refrigerator for four to six weeks.
- After that time, you may sow the seeds including the inert filler.
- So now, how to grow eucalyptus from seed? Sow eucalyptus tree seeds in the spring (late spring in some climates) in flats of pasteurized soil medium placed in a shady area and covered with white plastic.
- Once some maturity has been achieved, transplant to small pots and then again upon maturation into a prepared garden row.
- Of course, the eucalyptus tree seeds may also be directly sowed into the container in which the plant will continue to grow.
Each tree can be harvested four to five times during its 20-year life span.Care:
- Eucalyptus tree care is not difficult, as this type of tree usually maintains itself reasonably well.
- Once established, eucalyptus trees should not require too much watering, with exception for those growing in containers.
- Allow these to dry out somewhat between waterings.
- Additional watering may be necessary during periods of excessive drought, however.
- As for fertilizer, much of the eucalyptus tree information recommends against the use of fertilizer, as they do not appreciate phosphorus.
- Potted eucalyptus may require an occasional slow-release fertilizer (low in phosphorus).
- In addition, eucalyptus tree care includes annual pruning (in summer) to control top growth and their overall height.
- Eucalyptus trees are also known to produce heavy litter in the fall, shedding bark, leaves, and branches.
- As its shred-like bark is considered flammable, keeping this debris cleaned up is preferable.
- If desired, you can collect some seed once it falls, and then plant it in another area of your yard or in a container.
One of the fastest growing trees in the world, the Eucalyptus, can grow to nearly 50 feet tall in four years.UseMedicinal use:
- The dried leaves and oil are used to make medicine.
- Eucalyptus leaf isLIKELY SAFE when consumed in the small amounts found in foods.
Eucalyptus oil is LIKELY UNSAFE for children. It should not be taken by mouth or applied to the skin. Not much is known about the safety of using eucalyptus leaves in children. It’s best to avoid use in amounts larger than food amounts.Reference:
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
4 / 5 Aafreen 15 October 2018
Good germination rate..n what impresses me the most is the amount of seeds they provide..good work!
Any query about eucalyptus citriodora, lemon eucalyptus - 0.5 kg seeds
You may browse related categories
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved