115Buy 1+1 Free
(Inclusive of all taxes)
|Special Gift Today|
|Get 1 Plantfood FREE|
|* on all orders today|
|Get Surprise Garden Gift|
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
|Rs 350 PayTM Cashback|
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
|All India Delivery|
|500,000 Happy Customers|
Description for Cucumber Gherkin
No summer garden should be without cucumbers. They are very easy to grow and are very prolific. Planted in a section of the garden that receives full sun and has an evenly moist, fertile soil, success is almost guaranteed.
Ease-of-care: easy, Cucumbers are not hard to grow if you provide good soil, plenty of moisture and full sun, wait for soil and weather to warm before planting, and use fabric row covers if pests are a problem.
Height: 1 to 6 feet, Vining varieties can climb up to 6 feet with support, or hug the ground if allowed to sprawl.
Spread: 1 to 6 feet, Bush varieties take up only 2 or 3 square feet, while unsupported vining varieties can run along the ground for 6 or more feet.
Savour the taste of summer with your own home grown cucumbers. Cucumbers are an essential ingredient for adding to sandwiches, delicious salads, and those long, cool summer drinks on the patio.
Planting and care
Caring for Cucumber Gherkin
- When planting seeds in the ground, cover with netting or a berry basket to keep pests from digging out the seeds.
- When seedlings emerge, begin to water frequently, and increase to a gallon per week after fruit forms.
- When seedlings reach 4 inches tall, thin plants so that they are 1Â½ feet apart. If you have worked in organic matter into the soil before planting, you may only need to side-dress your plants with compost or well-rotted manure. Or, if you wish, use a fertilizer from your garden store which is low nitrogen/high potassium and phosphorus formula and apply at planting, 1 week after bloom, and every 3 weeks with liquid food, applying directly to the soil around the plants. Or, you can work a granular fertilizer into the soil. Do not over-fertilize or the fruits will get stunted.
- Water consistently; put your finger in the soil and when it is dry past the first joint of your finger, it is time to water. Inconsistent watering leads to bitter-tasting fruit. Water slowly in
- the morning or early afternoon, avoiding the leaves. Mulch to hold in soil moisture.
- If you have limited space or would prefer vertical vines, set up trellises early to avoid damage to seedlings and vines.
- Spray vines with sugar water to attract bees and set more fruit.
Typical uses of Cucumber Gherkin
Culinary use: Pickling cucumbers are smaller than slicing ones.cucumber is mainly used as salad.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
Very good service. High quality product.
All the seeds germinated. Now I have way too many seedlings.
seeds germination rate is good
it was good..given good yield
is it natural plant or artficial plant