With this purchase you will get:
Cherish Friendship with ZZ Plant Plant
5 inch Polka Small Round Metal Cup (Yellow)
4 inch Unbreakable Round Thermoform Pot (Terracotta Color) - as Inner
Description for Cherish Friendship with ZZ Plant
Plant height: 6 - 11 inches
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches
It is widely used as a houseplant. It does have pinnate leaves like a palm tree, but they are rounded and it has a thick tuberous stem.
The evergreen leaflets grow in opposing pairs of up to 12 per a stem. The ZZ plant does produce small flowers at the base of the plant when it's grown in outdoors. The flower is a spathe type with a spadix. It is a low growing plant.
The trunk stores moisture in times of drought, which makes Zamia ideal for periscope gardens. They are able to thrive in areas with both low and high amounts of light. The ZZ plant removes Toluene and Xylene from indoor air.
Common name(s): ZZ Plant, Aroid Palm
Flower colours: Bright yellow to brown or bronze spadix
Bloom time: Mid summer to early autumn
Max reachable height: Up to 4 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
You may propagate by dividing rhizomes or with leaf cuttings. Leaf cuttings have to be placed in a pot and then the wait for roots to begin growing, which could take up to a year. Use potting mix as the soil, vermicompost, perlite, and coco peat (1:1:1:1). Good drainage holes at the bottom of the pot are essential.
Sunlight: Moderate to bright light
Soil: Sandy loam soil
Temperature: 20 to 30 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Cherish Friendship with ZZ Plant
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Cherish Friendship with ZZ Plant
Special features: Attractive foliage
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or houseplant anywhere.
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Any query about cherish friendship with zz plant
You may browse related categories
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved