Polypodium species - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Out of Stock
( 5 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * growth & flowering booster |
| Get 1 Potted Mogra plant FREE |
| * On all orders above Rs 699 |
| 50% Cashback with Paypal |
| * for new paypal users only |
* max Rs 300
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
Polypodium is a genus of 75â€“100 species of true ferns, widely distributed throughout the world, with the highest species diversity in the tropics.Common name:
0.50 to 1.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
The hare s foot fern is a good addition to your collection if you like fast-growing, showy ferns and are able to provide ample humidity and light. Larger specimens can have fronds that reach several feet, but this is rare outside of its natural habitat. In most cases, your plant will have fronds that are about a foot in length and densely cluster around the soil surface.
The key to success with these ferns--aside from providing enough light--is to get the watering regimen right. Think of these plants as epiphytes and it will help: they like copious amounts of water and humidity, providing it drains away immediately and they are never allowed to be waterlogged. Sunlight:
Full Sun to Partial ShadeSoil:
well-drained soil Water:
65 to 75 degrees.Fertilizer:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Water: Never allow the soil to dry out, although they should not be soaked.
- In drier climates, mist the fern frequently, even daily if the air is especially dry.
- Epiphytic specimens should be misted heavily daily.
- Fertilizer: Feed weekly with a weak liquid fertilizer during the spring and summer growing season.
- Cut fertilization back to monthly during the winter growing season, but you should not suspend watering and feeding completely.
Interesting fern that may be grown in shaded sites such as on tree trunks, fallen logs, old stumps, ledges or rocks. Also will grow on fence posts or buildings. May be planted in the ground between rocks.UseMedicinal use:
Culinary use:Ornamental use:
- â€œThe fern Polypodium decumanum, used in the treatment of psoriasis, and its fatty acid .
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use. Reference:
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved