Crytomium fulcatum - Plant
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Japanese holly fern
Out of Stock
( 5 times booked in last 90 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
Cyrtomium falcatum is a species of fern known by the common names house holly-fern and Japanese holly fern. It is native to eastern Asia. It grows from crevices, coastal cliffs, streambanks, rocky slopes, and other moist, stable areas.Common name:
Japanese holly fernColor:
1.00 to 2.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Growing holly ferns from a starter plant or divided plant is remarkably simple. The plant prefers well-drained, acidic soil with a pH between 4.0 and 7.0, and thrives in rich soil high in organic matter. Dig in two or three inches of compost or other organic material, especially if your soil is clay-based.
Indoors, holly fern needs a well-drained, lightweight potting mixture and a pot with a drainage hole. Although it grows in full shade, holly fern does just fine in partial, but not punishing sunlight. Indoors, place the plant in bright, indirect light. Sunlight:
Full Sun to Partial ShadeSoil:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Holly fern likes moist, but not soggy, soil.
- During dry weather, give the plant about an inch of water per week.
- Indoors, water the plant whenever the top of the soil feels slightly dry.
- Water deeply, then let the pot drain thoroughly.
- Avoid soggy soil, which may result in root rot.
Fertilize holly fern using a diluted solution of a balanced, slow-release fertilizer after new growth emerges in spring.
- Alternatively, feed the plant occasionally with a water-soluble fertilizer or fish emulsion.
- Donâ€™t overfeed; ferns are light feeders that are damaged by too much fertilizer.
Woodland areas and shaded areas of borders or rock gardens. Border for tree or shrub areas. May be grown as a houseplant. UseCulinary use:Ornamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems.Reference:
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Any query about crytomium fulcatum - plant
You may browse related categories
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved