Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
It can be used as specimen or small groupings for lawns, parks and commercial properties, and, in particular, for wet soils along ponds, streams or in low spots.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
( 162 Sold in last 30 days )
|Special Gift Today |
| Get 1 Plantfood FREE |
| * on all orders today |
| Get Surprise Garden Gift |
| * worth Rs 300 to 600 Free |
* on all orders above Rs 699
| Rs 350 PayTM Cashback |
| - 1st Txn: Random CB (Rs 20 - Rs 200) |
- 2nd Txn: PayTm Movie Voucher (Rs 150)
- Minimum Order Value : Rs 499
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
With this purchase you will get:
Description for Betula lenta
Plant height: 3 - 6 inches (7 - 16 cm)
The wood of sweet birch is medium heavy, medium hard and dark brown with a little red. Sapwood is light brown or yellow. The wood, which tends to warp, slowly gets darker after it is exposed to air.
Common name(s): river birch
Flower colours: brown or yellow
Bloom time: April to May
Max reachable height: 40.00 to 70.00 feet
Difficulty to grow: easy to grow
Planting and care
Easily grown average, medium to wet soils in full sun to part shade.
Sunlight: Full sun to part shade
Soil: well-drained soil
Water: Medium to wet
Temperature: 7Â° C (45Â° F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Betula lenta
- River birch is perhaps the most culturally adaptable and heat tolerant of the birches. Prefers moist, acidic, fertile soils including semi-aquatic conditions, but also tolerates drier soils.
- Consider using soaker hoses and bark mulches to keep the root zones cool and moist. Adapts well to heavy clay soils of Missouri and will tolerate poor drainage.
- Avoid pruning in spring when the sap is running.
Typical uses of Betula lenta
Special features: Over time, furniture made from sweet birch looks like mahogany, and its wood is stronger than mahogany and black cherry.
Culinary use: Commercially in the past for production of oil
Medicinal use: In every form, birch makes an excellent tonic and detoxifier, mainly working on the urinary system to remove waste products, as in kidney or bladder stone, gravel, gout, and rheumatism.
You may browse related categories
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
There are yet no reviews for this product.
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved