Areca Palm - 0.5 Kg Seeds
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Areca palm is clump-growing with ringed, bamboo-like stems and yellow leaf-ribs. The foliage is evergreen.
( 60 times booked in last 90 days )
Note: This product may take upto 3 weeks to deliver.
|Special Gift Today |
| ||All India Delivery |
| ||500,000 Happy Customers |
Description for Areca Palm
The areca palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens or Dypsis lutescens), also called the yellow butterfly palm and golden cane palm is one of the easiest palm trees to grow indoors. The Areca palm very rarely flowers potted or indoors.
Common name(s): Areca palm, yellow butterfly palm, and golden cane palm
Flower colours: Bright yellow
Bloom time: NA
Max reacahble height: 6 to 7 feet
Difficulty to grow:: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Take a suitable size pot with a soilless potting mix. You can add 1 part compost plus 1 part sand, to its 2 parts soil.
Using a knife, give a cut to the fibrous husk that covers the seed and peel it off to get the smooth seed inside.
Bury the seed in the soilless potting mix to a depth so that its top surface is just barely visible. keep the top couple of inches of potting mix moist. The areca palm will typically germinate within two to six weeks. Humidity levels of 60 to 70% are ideal. 25 to 27 degrees C will be an ideal temperature while germinating.
Sunlight: Full sun to partial shade
Soil: Chalky, Loamy, Sandy soil, and moist but well-drained.
Temperature: 22 to 30 degrees C
Fertilizer: Prefer an organic fertilizer.
Caring for Areca Palm
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Areca Palm
Special features: Beautiful foliage
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: It is widely used for an ornamental purpose. It will enhance the beauty of the entrance,
Medicinal use: NA
What Customer says ?
Want to tell us your experience with this product ? Just login and add your comments
5 / 5 Jolly Joy Monteroyo 10 October 2018
Very fast germination just on the third day from seeding. Happy with that but has to update the review later based on the yield. If it gives yield just as shown in the picture it will be excellent. Le
Any query about areca palm - 0.5 kg seeds
You may browse related categories
Copyright © 2019 Nurserylive. All Rights Reserved