Kadamba is a flowering, evergreen plant, which is known as “mythical tree”. It is also an ornamental plan, which is belongs from “Rubiaceae” family.Common name:
Kadamba, Kadam, Bur - Flower TreeColor:
White, Cream, Off white, Light YellowBloom time:
June, July, August, SeptemberHeight:
More than 6 metersDifficulty level:
MediumPlanting & Care
Germinate in vitro in gelatin, agar or other medium.Sunlight:
Full Sun to Partial ShadeSoil:
Plant in sandy, well-drained soil.Water:
Normal, Can tolerate more.Fertilizer:
Apply any organic fertilizer.Care:
- It grows best in warm and humid climate and rich loamy soil.
- The growth is rapid in the first 6-8 years and the tree attains maximum size in about 20 years.
- Flowers appear from June to August.
- Tree comes to flowering when 4-5 years old.
- Planted near houses and roadsides as a shade tree.
- One of the most frequently planted tree in the tropics.
Allow unblemished fruit to ripen; clean and dry seeds. Properly cleaned, seed can be successfully stored.Care:
- Kadamba leaves may develop yellowing due to iron deficiency in very alkaline poorly drained soils.
It’s said that this tree blossoms with these flowers at the sound of monsoon thunder.UseMedicinal use:
- Used in treating diabetes.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.