Natural Dried Moss Grass ( 0.5 Kg )
At Moss and Stone Gardens we are often asked how to start a moss lawn Look for signs of the moss turning dark and if there is a reduction in height.
Common name: senat seed, small gourd,
Bloom time: July-November.
Height: 0.2–10 cm (0.1–3.9 in
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
This page pulls together many posts from this blog as a convenient way to cover the basics of moss gardening. To gain a deeper understanding you can filter the blog post by choosing the category of Moss Education which will contain the information below but also include all of the posts that focus on cultivation techniques.
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 10°C (55°F)
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Mosses are not particular about the type of soil they grow on in terms of soil composition.
- Loam, clay or richly amended soils will all work fine.
- The exception would be soils with a high sand content preventing a stable surface; ever-shifting loose sandy soils make attachment difficult, but not impossible.
- A decoction of the root bark has been used as a diuretic.
- Flowers and buds chewed by the mother and given to infants for general body ricin, one of the most poisonous naturally occurring chemicals known to Man; .
- The leaves are harvested as the plant comes into flower and are dried for later use.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
for medicinal use, please consult appropriate doctor before use.