Indian Sweet Lime, Mausammi ( Grafted ) - Plant
Description for Indian Sweet Lime, Mausammi ( Grafted )
The limetta(lemetjie) , Mosambi cultivar, at a market in Seethammadhara. Mosambi (sweet lime) juice is a favorite citrus drink in India and Pakistan. Millsweet cultivar of limetta in growth. Freshly pressed sweet lime juice as served in South Asia
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Indian Sweet Lime, Mausammi),Persian lime, sweet limetta, sweet lime, sweet lemon and Mausammi.||White||April to june||26 ft||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Sweet lime trees look much like the Tahiti lime, with serrated leaves and almost wingless petioles. Unlike supermarket limes, the fruit is yellow-green to yellow-orange in color. Actually, if you let any lime ripen, it would be similar in hue, but they are picked before they are ripe to lengthen their shelf life.
|Full Sun to Partial Shade||well-drained soil||medium||above 10 C||Organic manure|
Caring for Indian Sweet Lime
- Plant sweet limes on the south side of a building where it will get the most warmth and protection from any cold snaps.
- Plant sweet limes in well-draining soil since like all citrus, sweet limes hate wet feet.
- A big thing to watch for with sweet lime tree care is temperature.
- Sweet limes can be grown in the garden or do nicely in containers as long as the ambient temps are 10 C or more.
- Container growing is nice since the tree can be moved to shelter if inclement weather is expected.
- Also, hot, hot temperature can also affect your sweet lime.
- Be sure to water the tree every 7-10 days if it is in the ground and up to every day if container grown depending upon rain and temperature factors.
Typical uses of Indian Sweet Lime
Special features: Sweet lime is one of those uniquely Indian fruits that, while perhaps not ... that Citrus limetta fruit peel displayed antihyperglycemic properties.
Culinary use: Fruits are edible
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Excellent service and good product. Well packed and well delivered. Though few leaves were fallen but plant was almost ok.
Have never ordered plants on line before but want to tell you how absolutely thrilled I am with the plants.
Plant received in good packing, but is not similar as shown in web site.