Pine Tree - Plant
Description for Pine Tree
Pandanus odorifer is an aromatic monocot species of plant in the Pandanaceae family, native to Polynesia, Australia, South Asia, and the Philippines, and is also found wild in southern India and Burma. It is commonly known as screw-pine.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Pandanus odorifer||White||Seasonal bloomer||1.5 to 2 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps Bangada bulbs cool when temperatures soar. Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage.
|Full sun||Well-drained soil||Medium||30 to 40 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Pine Tree
- Pine trees have many large lateral branches and root systems are usually shallow.
- Using a pine tree fertilizer in addition to regular watering and pruning helps keep trees healthy and better able to tolerate stress, insects and pine tree diseases.
- Newly planted pine trees benefit from ArborKelp, SavATreeâ€™s exclusive seaweed biostimulant fertilizer which aids in tree establishment, promotes root growth and heightens stress tolerance.
- Mature and established pine trees benefit from fertilizer feedings of organic-based macro and micronutrients for the nutrition necessary to sustain their health.
Typical uses of Pine Tree
Special features: Interesting fruit tree or ornamental for tropical to subtropical areas. Container plant for cooler climates.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose. Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area.
- http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/ http://www.flowersofindia.net/ http://www.savatree.com/pine-tree.html
Want to write review ?Click here to Login
What garden lovers say ... ?
Attractive plants for pot culture
Very nice plant. Got delivered with very good condition. Gonna order one more
Suddenly all my house plants have started blooming and have lush foliage :)