Pilea Spruceana - Plant
Description for Pilea Spruceana
Himalayan Clearweed is an erect, hairless perennial herb, growing up to 30-120 cm tall. The plant is woody at the base. Leaves are elliptic, long pointed, with 1-5 cm long stalk, and have 3 prominent parallel veins.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Himalayan Clearweed||green||-||6 to 12 inches||easy to grow|
Planting and care
Keep in mind your climatic zone when growing aluminum plants. As mentioned, all varieties are tropical plants and as such are really only tolerant of outdoor conditions in
During the summer months, Pilea houseplants should be grown in partial shade and then during winter moved to a well lit area, such as southern exposure window space. Aluminum plant care necessitates keeping the plant away from either hot or cold drafts that arise from heaters or air conditioning units.
|Full Sun||well-drained soil||Medium||15 C and above||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Pilea Spruceana
- Grow pilea it in a spot that has medium light for best results.
- However, this small, easy care houseplant thrives in brightly lit situations and also tolerates low light.
- Pilea is wonderfully versatile!
- Water pilea enough to let the top inch or so of the soil dry between waterings.
- Like most houseplants, its better to keep pilea a bit too dry than a bit too wet.
- It appreciates abundant relative humidity; group it with other houseplants to increase the amount of moisture in the air or grow this small houseplant in a terrarium.
Typical uses of Pilea Spruceana
Special features: These plants are evergreens, which have a small insignificant flower, and grow from 6 to 12 inches in height. They have a spreading habitat, which can be fostered depending on its supporting structure.
Culinary use: leaves
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.