Graptoveria Opalina - Plant
Description for Graptoveria Opalina
Belonging to the Graptovaria genus, Graptoveria has a botanical name of Graptovaria.Graptoveria are hybrids from graptopetalum and echeveria. Most graptoverias are low growing and cultivated for their beautiful shapes and colors.Blooms appear in these approximate colours: Golden and Anti-flash white.Graptoveria grows as a perennial and is a flowering succulent - houseplant. Being a perennial plant, it tends to grow best over several years (approx 3 years and greater).
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Mexican Snowball, Mexican Gem, Hen and Chicks, White Mexican Rose||Golden, Anti-flash white.||Seasonal bloomer||2 to 3 feet||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
Peculiar looks aside, theyâ€™re tough plants. Succulents have the amazing ability to store water in the tissues of their leaves for much longer time frames than other plants. This makes them very self sufficient plants that are easy to grow and maintain. Succulents propagate easily too, so itâ€™s difficult to run out of succulents once you start them.
|Full sun to part shade||Well-drained soil||Medium||20 to 30 degrees C||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Caring for Graptoveria Opalina
- These are very hardy plants that require porous soil with good drainage.
- Water regularly during the summer, letting them dry between waterings.
- Decrease watering during the winter months.
- Fertilize once during the growing season with a balanced fertilizer diluted at 1-4 strenght.
- A full sun - partial sun position will ensure your plant thrives and remember to water moderately.
- Use Zone 9 - Zone 11 as your guideline for the appropriate climate for this plant.
- Keep in mind when planting that Graptoveria is thought of as tender, so remember to wait until your soil is warm and the night time temperature is well above freezing before moving outside.
Typical uses of Graptoveria Opalina
Special features: Cactus or succulent garden where they can be effectively mixed with aloes, jade plants and/or agave.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.