Aglaonema Diamond Bay - Plant
Description for Aglaonema Diamond Bay
Aglaonema Crispum is also quite an undemanding plant.considered to be a shade tolerant plant with glossy dark green leaves with silver edges. The leaves of the species are oval and the trunk is erect. The plant is often grown in offices due to its unpretentiousness (this cultivar requires minimal care) and beautiful ornamental leaves.
|Common name||Flower colours||Bloom time||Height||Difficulty|
|Aglaonema Diamond Bay,Chinese evergreen||Non Flowering||-||Rarely exceeding heights of 3 feet||Easy|
Planting and care
It is usually grown as an annual. It is easily grown in moist, organically rich, well-drained soils in full sun. Avoid overhead watering. Start seeds indoors 6-10 weeks before last frost date or purchase starter plants. Set out plants/seedlings after last frost date.
Pinch stem tips of young plants to promote bushiness and prevent leggy growth. Deadhead spent flowers to prolong bloom. If flowering slows drastically after the first flush of bloom, consider cutting plants back hard and fertilizing. Snapdragons are inexpensive plants that are perhaps best repurchased each spring.
|Bright light but no direct sunlight.||Keep soil moist but not soggy by allowing your growing medium to dry slightly between waterings. Roots may rot if you keep the soil too moist and plants may drop their leaves if the soil becomes too dry.||Aglaonema in high light, you can allow the potting mix to dry down 1/2 to 3/4 of the way out before watering thoroughly. In a lower light situation, allow soil to dry almost completely between waterings.||15 C to 25 C||Add a general purpose fertilizer before planting if the soil is poor. After the flowers have died off, cut the plant back to about six inches. Then add some general purpose fertilizer. This will promote new growth and a second bloom.|
Caring for Aglaonema Diamond Bay
- Proper care for aglaonema starts with its proper placement.
- Your task is to find the area that receives less indirect light.
- Place your plant far from doors, air vents and windows in order to ensure it wonâ€™t suffer from drafts.
- Fertilize the species at least 2 times per month.
- Water them from spring until autumn with an appropriate solution (1 tsp. soluble 20-20-20 analysis fertilizer and 1 gallon of water).
- Water the plant when the top 2 inches of the soil start getting dry.
- One of the basic care instructions includes wiping the leaves with a moistened cloth to remove dust and dirt.
Typical uses of Aglaonema Diamond Bay
Ornamental use: Snapdragons produce multiple flowers on stalks and can range in height from 8 inches to greater than 3 feet. They bloom profusely and come in many colours, mainly in pastel and bright shades, including white, pink, yellow, peach, orange, purple, bronze and two-tone flowers.